For those with the capped data.....

atliens

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
which data plan did u get..2GB or 4GB...i don't think i've downloaded that much stuff in a month to use up 2gb's with 1.95 remaining till the first...i'm switching my mobile network off.

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I got 2 GB but after streaming stitcher for like two hours, I realized I need to either up my data plan or only listen to podcasts over WiFi

atliens

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
using wifi doesn't suppose to eat up data right? i think it is cause i turned off my mobile network to update some apps and it still went up again.:-\

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Rarely stream video except for short 1-3 minute clips on youtube and never update apps on data. Usually only stream pandora in the car. Still chews up almost 1.5-2GB a month.

TauntingBull

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Rarely stream video except for short 1-3 minute clips on youtube and never update apps on data. Usually only stream pandora in the car. Still chews up almost 1.5-2GB a month.

Yup.... pandora chews up a lot of data in my opinion... when i started using it on a daily basis my, usage went up by a gig

walkingrock

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I got overcharged, said I used 1 gb the first week I had this phone, I haven't done any streaming or music. Not happy. Never used near this much gb before (and was on a smart phone). Something isn't right here. :eek:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Look in the data usage in the Settings to see what app is using a lot of data

Well, I got overcharged, said I used 1 gb the first week I had this phone, I haven't done any streaming or music. Not happy. Never used near this much gb before (and was on a smart phone). Something isn't right here. :eek:

Reactions: walkingrock

JustLeft

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I got 6 GB but I have my ipad added to the account and also use it as a wifi hot spot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
You can check to see what is using data on your phone. When I first activated my phone at the verizon store, I chewed up almost a have a gig before I even got home. I did some digging and realized it sync'd all my google+/picasa pictures over LTE. I since went into setting and changed it to only sync while on wifi. I also found that samsung push services or something like that was using some data so I disabled it (I don't use media hub or their music service). My first month I got close to my limit but I think with the google+ change I should be fine with 4 GB between three devices. I will keep an eye on it and for $10 up it to 6 if I have to.

Reactions: walkingrock