lock screen? black screen blocks dialing voicemail

mirty

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I removed my "Shield" brand protector and cut out a new piece leaving out the entire top and bottom portions in order not to obstruct the openings. The screen itself was totally covered. That did not solve the problem. I still keep getting blackouts when I am trying to retrieve my messages by following the password prompt. I cannot type the password since the screen goes blank and cannot use the *86+PSW suggestion to get an automatic log in since it is not allowed. When I reinstall the battery it works a couple of times and then it begins doing the same thing. Phone: LG L38C new.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I cannot type the password since the screen goes blank
Did you look at the suggestion in post #17? Your LG phone should have a similar setting.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

happywithphone

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to thank you john guzik . Holding the phone in my right hand and then using my left hand to type let me access my voice mail finally with out the screen blacking out .. I tried the *86, then password first then it said I was not allowed to do this and tried all the other suggestions , so I thought I might as well try this .. So I appreciate the help .. Hope it keeps on working .. Thanks again !!

Last edited:

cthisdish

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
On my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, I was having the same issue. I found that if you place the phone on speaker phone it will work correctly.

chipshot434

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
While working with Tracfone technical support I found a simple solution for an LG L38c phone. Like others have posted the problem appears to be with the proximity sensor thinking you are putting the phone up to your ear and blanking out the display to save energy. The solution we came up with is when you dial into email put you phone on "speaker". With the LG phone this appears to disable the proximity sensor. I did this and I can then enter the password without any problem. I would assume this would work with other phones to.

MsSlingnled

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I have a LG Optimus Fuel and was having trouble getting my passcode typed in before the screen blanked out. I tried all suggested fixes. The only thing that worked for me was to put it on speaker, entered code, then took it off speaker to listen to the message.

chanelmydog

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I had this same problem with the sensor. But I removed the plastic protective screen cover I had recently put on my phone and now the problem is gone.

Becca Cooper

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Im looking for the the page voicemail settings so i can put my passcode in because my screen goes black while in voicemail....i go into call settings but there is no voicemail settings

Posted via the Android Central App

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
If you mean the passcode for Voicemail, edit the VM number in your contact list. add ,(passcode) making sure the comma is there.

The number will look like-- *86,xxxx

Uofldee

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I didn't read through all of your replies so forgive me if this has already been resolved. The same thing was happening to me I realized my fingers were covering the proximity sensor on my phone. You could do some Google searches or YouTube searches to locate the proximity sensor on your phone but just keep your fingers away from it in your keypad should stay lit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87