is it worth the switch?

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a gs3 with sprint, and it moves and works at speeds slower then a turtle. tomorrow i will be going into radioshack to inquire about a promotion they have on the gs3 with verizon. is it worth the switch? ive heard all good things about verizon, so i'm hoping switching with remedy the situation. also, radioshack seems to offer the greatest trade in amount and lowest price on a new gs3, has anyone found any other good deals?

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You would have to determine your data usage seeing how you are unable to get unlimited data on verizon anymore. If you have wifi at home or work then I would go for it. Otherwise Sprint is actually expanding their 4G fairly fast.

weesy

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
i do have wifi both at home and at work, so that would be a non issue. and as quickly as they are expanding, my data speeds in some places are just down right awful. to the point where i give up trying to do what ever it is im looking up or looking at lol

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I assume you are within their return policy? If not you would have to go through the process to sell the sprint S3. Craigslist or swappa are good for that if you know what your doing. Also you will have to pay an ETF if you are out of their return window.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
what do you mean by slow? Data speeds, or phone? Mine is fast on 3G, 4G, and Wifi...normal functions are way faster than any phone I've ever held in my paws.

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you man. I had the s2 for a while and once I found out that the s3 was going to all carriers I made the switch to big red. I wanted the full experience of stable lte and it being in my area. I am not regretting making the switch though at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Generally, Verizon 4G is going to be better because it generally has better coverage.
But it isn't 100%, and ATT or Sprint may actually have better coverage where you want it.

Look at their online coverage maps as a rough guide before deciding. But even those don't tell the whole story.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
So I just switched back to Verizon after giving sprint a year. At first I was happy with sprint and never really had an issue with phone calls. But there were tons of places where I would get no data (even with roaming I would get no data because my damn phone kept trying to decide whether it wanted to roam or access Sprint's service. Sprint can go to hell. Not only does their data suck but whenever I would call to tell them I couldn't access my data they would either tell me a tower was down or improvements were recently made and things should be better (as I stand outside in a major city with no data). There was nothing wrong with my phone either. Now, I will say I think the Verizon network has taken a little hit since I last used them but all in all I can use my phone when I want and I don't have to sit there watching other people use their phones while I sit there with no data. I have no confidence that sprint is going to make lte work but there's always a chance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

zeteo

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from AT&T to Vzw. I never really had any problem with AT&T but they are not 4G where I live, nor do I expect them yo be anytime soon. I bought S3's for mt wife and me. Last night our Time Warner internet went down. It was so wonderful to have 4G! I was with Vzw for years but switched for the iPhone GS. I am very happy to be back with Big Red!

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you can afford Verizon and get a data plan that works for you there is nothing better. I was a Sprint customer for almost 15 years and made the switch about 6 months ago. Could not be happier with the network.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you can afford Verizon and get a data plan that works for you there is nothing better. I was a Sprint customer for almost 15 years and made the switch about 6 months ago. Could not be happier with the network.

Ya I've had all the big 3 vzw sprint and att. I stated with att. Verizon is great had no problems with them. Only thing that made me stay att is the 3g data speeds and with att being GSM they seem to get the overseas phones sooner than vzw and u have more variety with being able to get the international versions if u wanted. If Verizon had lte where I lived I'd probably get them. 3g coverage is great and decent speeds when I had them 1-2mbps down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non