Won't send MMS

Sarah Bryan

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
GTWalling
Again, If the phone is*functioning properly.
I have no problem sending or receiving MMS while Wi-Fi is on.

But that's the PROBLEM!!! Just because YOU are not having issues w/ sending MMS while your wi fi is on doesn't mean that EVERYONE ELSE has that same situation. I'm using the same exact phone as my husband in the same exact house, on the same cell provider plan and hooked up to the same exact wi fi in our house and he sends and receives MMS perfectly fine. ME, on the other hand, I have to turn my wi fi OFF to be able to SEND any MMS.... that is NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
GTWalling was trying to be helpful - in case you hadn't noticed, none of us claim to be experts, nor are we paid to try to help others.

Sorry your phone isn't working the way it should - perhaps you should take it up with your carrier or the manufacturer.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

SueSue419

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Turning WiFi off worked for me, as well. (Thank you!) Apparently my phone is not functioning properly -- how do I fix that, then? I don't want to have to manually turn off WiFi every time I want to reply to a group message or send a pic!

I have a Galaxy s3 on Verizon...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
SueSue419,
What firmware do you have on your phone?

Did it ever work, or did the problem recently start?

Besides turning off Wi-Fi, what else have you tried (Factory Reset, etc)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Iggy Nelix

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
GTWalling, can you explain in detail what you mean by "phone is functioning properly".
Is there some value/setting a user can check?
- i have updated my PRL and Profile (and even the Firmware)
- i live within a 1/2 mile of 2 separate cell towers that OpenSignal.com identifies as my carrier.
- when i attempt to send/receive MMS with either the stock messager or Google's hangouts... the photos do not send/receive

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
when i attempt to send/receive MMS with either the stock messager or Google's hangouts... the photos do not send/receive
And you have Mobile data enabled?
Have you tried turning Wi-Fi off?
Have you always had this problem or did it just start (perhaps in conjunction with the recent 4.3 update)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Shaman4221

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone wouldn't send mms either - until I checked the mobile data - which was turned off - so I switched it on, and now I am about to send them!

LindaMastiff

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Thought I would share that I could NOT send MMS with my Samsung s6 Edge. After researching and trying many suggestions found online I had to call AT&T. After quite some time I mentioned reading that enhanced messaging needs to be on but I didn't have that, as was described in the post I was reading. AT&T informed me only they can turn that on and off and we will try it. That fixed my issue and I could send MMS(already could receive) but then encountered it wouldn't send large images. Failed time and time again sending an image that was just under 1MB. After reading here I turned wifi on the phone off and attempted the same image that had failed 5+times and it went through just fine this time. Makes me wonder if there is some setting in the phone causing this issue. Just like when I had the new blu-ray player from Samsung and it could NOT get online here until I changed the DNS server away from the default it got from Comcast to a Google DNS server. I wish I could find someone who knows but for now I'll just turn wifi off when I send MMS. (4G kicks in with wifi on but some how the wifi is interfering(or a setting is interfering that makes it look like wifi is the issue).

PAMdemonium

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have tried everything everything imaginable I am glad you are having luck a million dollars couldn't make this phone send an MMS picture text. omg a video wud be out the ques iam sure lol iam beginning to think apns are all wrong and every body including carrier has a different APN idea BC there are known issues with certain carriers mess apps ect hoping to get the truth find right combo never had WiFi prob vrs data before and solve before I leave 15 yr relationship with Tmo bc I wud rather slit my wrists than call them waste 2 3 hrs get disconnected or get wrong advice ....... I am open to ANYTHING.....thanks

rt now pt novideo
Thought I would share that I could NOT send MMS with my Samsung s6 Edge. After researching and trying many suggestions found online I had to call AT&T. After quite some time I mentioned reading that enhanced messaging needs to be on but I didn't have that, as was described in the post I was reading. AT&T informed me only they can turn that on and off and we will try it. That fixed my issue and I could send MMS(already could receive) but then encountered it wouldn't send large images. Failed time and time again sending an image that was just under 1MB. After reading here I turned wifi on the phone off and attempted the same image that had failed 5+times and it went through just fine this time. Makes me wonder if there is some setting in the phone causing this issue. Just like when I had the new blu-ray player from Samsung and it could NOT get online here until I changed the DNS server away from the default it got from Comcast to a Google DNS server. I wish I could find someone who knows but for now I'll just turn wifi off when I send MMS. (4G kicks in with wifi on but some how the wifi is interfering(or a setting is interfering that makes it look like wifi is the issue).

PAMdemonium

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have tried everything everything imaginable I am glad you are having luck a million dollars couldn't make this phone send an MMS picture text. omg a video wud be out the ques iam sure lol iam beginning to think apns are all wrong and every body including carrier has a different APN idea BC there are known issues with certain carriers mess apps ect hoping to get the truth find right combo never had WiFi prob vrs data before and solve before I leave 15 yr relationship with Tmo bc I wud rather slit my wrists than call them waste 2 3 hrs get disconnected or get wrong advice ....... I am open to ANYTHING.....thanks

rt now pt novideo

I am coming back to a S3 from iPhone. One problem that I have had with previous Androids (Razr, Razr HD, Razr Maxx, S3) is sending pics and videos as MMS. I have tried the stock app, GoSMS, Handcent SMS, and Chomp SMS, all with the same result. If I take a picture, or shoot a 5-second video, and try to send either, I get a message that says the file is too large. What do I need to do, as I must have something set wrong? I have set video resolution to VGA in the past, but it didn't help.
I also have a friend with a Samsung Galaxy Blaze, and it absolutely will not receive a picture. It says "downloading", but never downloads.
TIA!

BadAnne

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
The only way to fix this is to change your APN settings. Go to your wireless supplier's support page. Straight Talk has a link for all the settings on the link under support > "How to update data settings". I set mine without calling anyone and fixed it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress