Does anyone have issues with home button being pressed while in pocket?

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Im getting the S3 in 2 week and just curious if anyone has issues with hitting the home button while in their pocket and waking their phone. My phone now (droid 3) doesn't have this so I haven't dealt with it before. Just curious if this is a problem or no? I saw some posts that you can edit a file by rooting the phone but I don't want to do that.

Thanks

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't care about having the newest thing. Gotta save money cuz new baby. And s4 doesn't have much more features that makes me want to fork out who knows how much more money.

I'll be getting 2 s3's for $25 total :)

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear. I normally wouldn't worry but when im working im bending over a lot and the phone might get more pressure in my pocket. I will keep an eye on this once I get my phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
No issues here. When I first got the phone I thought this was happening, because when I took the phone out of my pocket the screen would be on a lot of the time. Then I realized it's because I was pressing the power button when grabbing it in my pocket. After learning to grab it differently, it doesn't happen any more.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
No issues here. When I first got the phone I thought this was happening, because when I took the phone out of my pocket the screen would be on a lot of the time. Then I realized it's because I was pressing the power button when grabbing it in my pocket. After learning to grab it differently, it doesn't happen any more.

Good to know. thanks for the reply

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to give an update, I've had phone for almost 2 weeks and have no problems with hitting button while in pocket. I have a physical job where I'm moving all over but don't have any issues

Posted via Android Central App

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Put that nice device in a worthy case and this will go away. I've never had any issues with this and if I drop it, I don't worry.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have had this issue on my S3, S4 and Note 2. I carry two phones and usually put the one Android phone (Note 2 or S4 now) face toward my leg.

I have pulled the phone out of my pocket in the phone app, as well as internet browser or even the app store. Usually apps in the quick access bar.

I can usually tell when it happens a lot because I can feel the heat from the phone on my leg, as well as when I take it out of my pocket.

Both my Note 2 and S4 have slim cases on them and the home button sits about flush with the lip of the case making it just as easy to accidently press it.

I have the phones set for screen swype, but may have to change that as I think the friction against the pocket fabric is what is causing the screen to unlock.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2