Getting Rid Of CALLER NAME ID

imhipper

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
As many of you have noticed that just got the new update, Verizon added a new app called CALLER NAME ID that is a service that will cost $2.99 a month after a 10 day trial period. Somehow when I clicked on it and it started the trial period, but there is good news you can opt out and delete the app.

1. Make sure mobile data is on and open the CALLER NAME ID app.
2. Go to ACCOUNT TOOLS and check your STATUS. If it says to SUBSCRIBE then that means that you have not been signed up for the service yet and simply hit the back
key and hit REMOVE APPLICATION.
3. If you see under your status that you have X amount of days left in your trial period then that means you have been signed up for the trial period. In this case just
unsubscribe and confirm, then hit the back key and hit REMOVE APPLICATION.
If you disabled the app then just enable it and remove.

In my case I was subscribed to the trial period and was able to opt out and remove app from my phone and did not see it in the app tray or ALL APPS list, but somehow after a few minutes I seen that my 4G icon popped back up so I checked my running apps and sure enough CALLER NAME ID was running again even though I removed it.
All I did was restart my phone and it appears to be gone now.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to let it run for a few months, then call and chew them out over it. I love getting on their case over things like that.

--Tapatalk on SGS3.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I received an email from VZW yesterday morning saying a feature change is now in effect. I started freaking out since I didn't change or add any features, and called them about it and found out it was from this app.

How can VZW add/change features to my account without my authorization? Complete bull****tery.

**EDIT - I should also mention that I never opened the app to provision it, it just automatically did.

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have it on my S4 and actually like it. It shows when hospitials and doctors call me.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Here's a good one.. VZW tier 2 tech support say this is from a virus as he has the same phone and it isn't on his. I have 4 GS3's one hasn't updated yet and the other 3 all updated and got this VIRUS on the same day... oh man who do they hire for tech support?

Silent Patriot

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Here's a good one.. VZW tier 2 tech support say this is from a virus as he has the same phone and it isn't on his. I have 4 GS3's one hasn't updated yet and the other 3 all updated and got this VIRUS on the same day... oh man who do they hire for tech support?

This POS app had stealthily attached itself to my account and I had to manually remove it. NOT happy in the least about this, or the fact that it now appears our Verizon account can be directly billed for App store purchases, which I still haven't found a way to block or turn off. Slimy a$$hole$!

musicman555

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This worked like a charm, thank you for posting the step by step. I had no idea it had auto enrolled me in a trial and was the cause of the wifi and 4g icons being on at the same time.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I went into the Caller Name ID app and did what was listed in the first post, and removed the app from my phone. I have restarted a couple of times. When I go into my Running app list it doesn't show, so that is good that it is not running. However, when I look at my All app list it is still there. I disabled it and it is showing with all my other disabled apps at the bottom of the list. I thought if I removed it the app would disappear. To anyone else who has removed, does the app still show on the All app list, even if at the bottom on the disabled list?

DarkSorrow

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Should check the data usage under the settings. Mine only shows .93MB so I don't see how it's using a lot of data on certain peoples phones.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
1. Make sure mobile data is on and open the CALLER NAME ID app.
2. Go to ACCOUNT TOOLS and check your STATUS. If it says to SUBSCRIBE then that means that you have not been signed up for the service yet and simply hit the back
key and hit REMOVE APPLICATION.
3. If you see under your status that you have X amount of days left in your trial period then that means you have been signed up for the trial period. In this case just
unsubscribe and confirm, then hit the back key and hit REMOVE APPLICATION.
If you disabled the app then just enable it and remove.

Just tried to follow the instructions. When I got to hit the back key and hit remove application I didn't get this option. It backed me out of the app. It didn't say SUBSCRIBE, it gave me options to continue trial and 2 others but I don't remember what they were but I knew I didn't want them or this app. When I go back to try it again I get a screen that says its not yet activated and to try again later and an OK button.

When to try to disable it and it says it might make other apps unstable. I disabled it anyway. No way I need to spend more money and to force people to do this it beyond sneaky. I just found two more apps that I didn't have before nor did I download them. Paper Artist which I just did the same thing with and I'm finding more. Messenger is now a Google + thing and I want NOTHING to do with G+. Oh this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

acap82

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with the caller name id app. A notification keeps popping up in my notification bar, 2-3 times a day, asking me to sign up or that my free trial has ended. I called Verizon, and they eventually said the only thing I could do was a factory reset on my phone, which I don't want to do. I try to follow the directions mentioned above, however, when I get to the Account Tools and Account Status section of the app, it says that it is currently attempting to unsubscribe and gives me the choice to Retry or Stop. Neither method has worked. At no point, do I receive a confirmation that I have been unsubscribed or the app has been removed.

Please Help!

Samsung GS3

skorpyun812

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
They hid it deep in my galaxy s3. did not show up as a downloaded app. It had no icon. I found it in running apps tab and in the all apps tab. there was no uninstall optioption so I stopped the app, disabled the app to which then I had to force stop the app, then clear data. I then restarted my phone and finally, no 4g. I double checked all apps tab and it appears to be gone. I don't recall installing it or agreeing to the trial offer. I was wondering why my 4g was running at the.same.time as my WiFi and now I know. thank you. I'll be watching my bill for charges.

CK Ewoo

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
All I got was was two (2) options: "Confirm" and "Terms and Conditions". I'm still looking on how to "EASILY" remove this app. I may call Verizon.

underway99

Trusted Member
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The only way that I have found to remove those type of apps is to root my phone and then start deleting. If you have no intention to root, then your only option is to disable the app as described above. As I understand it, this app is harder to truly disable if you have accepted (or if the app THINKS) you've accepted a trial. I have the best success disabling bloat apps just after a factory reset and before I open them.

For @skorpyun812, I don't think this app was causing your 4G to be on while using wifi as you described. Your device must be connected to the telephone network all the time in order for you to get calls and SMS.

Last edited:

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Just tried to follow the instructions. When I got to hit the back key and hit remove application I didn't get this option. It backed me out of the app. It didn't say SUBSCRIBE, it gave me options to continue trial and 2 others but I don't remember what they were but I knew I didn't want them or this app. When I go back to try it again I get a screen that says its not yet activated and to try again later and an OK button.

When to try to disable it and it says it might make other apps unstable. I disabled it anyway. No way I need to spend more money and to force people to do this it beyond sneaky. I just found two more apps that I didn't have before nor did I download them. Paper Artist which I just did the same thing with and I'm finding more. Messenger is now a Google + thing and I want NOTHING to do with G+. Oh this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!

Paper Artist is one of the Samsung photo editors. Messenger is a link to the Google+ app. Disable Google+ and both icons disappear. Not sure why you'd disable Paper Artist, though. Photo Editor and Video Editor are in the play store, as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress