Alarm Not Making Noise (S Voice or Google Search)

pejorative

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Oftentimes I enjoy taking a cat nap during the day. I used to be able to use S voice or Google Search bar and say "wake me up in 15 minutes" or "set an alarm for 13:20," and the S3 would sound an alarm. Now when I do that it sets the alarm, and at the designated time, the screen turns on, displays the alarm clock and the familiar red X, but the phone is completely silent! I have scoured the web and every forum, whilst some people appear to have similar issues, nobody seems to have discovered a resolution.

Strangely, the alarm widget allows me to manually set alarms, and they work fine. I just want the convenience of telling the phone what time to set an alarm and for it to actually work.

Thanks.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked to make sure that the volume is set up loud enough for the alarm? I know they have separate volumes for ring, alarm, media, notifications etc. That may be part of the issue, not on your part, but for some reason it doesn't alter the volume or sets up some kind of silent alarm as a software flaw. I have not tried it before but if I do I will report if it does the same for me.

Good luck.

Guy T1

May 5, 2015
Visit site
SOLUTION1:try to touch the clock via the white rectangle clock viewsupport samsung.png.
(the clock app will open) and save the alarm from there. works for me in galaxy s5 sm-g900f

SOLUTION2:
the real solution that will not force you to open the clock app is to set your default Alarm tone using ES File Explorer app:
It requires using the ES File Explorer (install it if you don't have it yet, you can remove it afterwards). The steps below are to pick one of the existing alarm sounds as the default one, but can be used for any sound in your SD card. Here's what you do:

Using the ES File Explorer, navigate to /system/media/audio/alarms
Click on the file you want, and in the "Open with" prompt select "ES Media Player"
Open the menu in the top right, and pick "Set as Alarm" (the entry with a bell icon)
In the dialog that appears, pick "Set alarm"

After doing this, all applications that use alarms will use the chosen sound if they're configured to use the system default. The stock clock app will also use this.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss