service issues

panteramatt

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Im having problems getting good cell service at my work. Basically its either good 3g, little 1x or notta. Now if i restart my phone ill have 4g for a little while then itll go back to bad. Why is that? Anything i can do to get a better signal? Im on verizon.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anything i can do to get a better signal?
Get a different phone with better radios? Samsung is a bit weak in that department compared to Motorola, for example.

Don't they have Wi-Fi at your work?

The thing you'd normally do if this was happening at home would be to get a Network Extender. It's a one-time cost and you can get ones that improve just data, just voice or both, depending on what you're having a problem with. Verizon sells them if you're interested.

Note that workplaces are typically subject to poorer signal quality since there's usually more walls, more furniture, more metal, etc. I used to work in a lab area where my phone got essentially no signal, and the phone would kill the battery in a few hours constantly searching for a signal. I just had to put it in Airplane mode while at work. YMMV.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen