Rezound suddenly dropping data signal...??

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm a former Tbolt owner, just recently moving over to the Rezound by the Grace of Verizon. I've had it since November, and have been ecstatic with it. that was until about a week ago. I'm dropping my 4G signal probably 4-5 times a day. it still shows "4GLTE", but I only get the arrow up, not down. usually, you get both arrows when you have a connection. I've even dropped into a 3G signal once or twice, and I usually can get my 4GLTE signal back by going into quick settings, turn off the mobile network for about 30 seconds, then back on. however, I have had to reboot the phone a few times. granted, the Tbolt did the exact same thing for 6 months, but in a much worse fashion. connectivity is finally why I called tech support, because it was so horrible. this is NOTHING like that.

so my question is....is this common with the rezound, or just my phone? any ideas what I can do to fix it on my own, or should I just call tech support? OR are we having another outage that's not being reported? thanks for any help/support.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I find this interdasting. I also came from a bolt due to data loss, and I too have been having data issues this week. Anybody else?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I'm a former Tbolt owner, just recently moving over to the Rezound by the Grace of Verizon. I've had it since November, and have been ecstatic with it. that was until about a week ago. I'm dropping my 4G signal probably 4-5 times a day. it still shows "4GLTE", but I only get the arrow up, not down. usually, you get both arrows when you have a connection. I've even dropped into a 3G signal once or twice, and I usually can get my 4GLTE signal back by going into quick settings, turn off the mobile network for about 30 seconds, then back on. however, I have had to reboot the phone a few times. granted, the Tbolt did the exact same thing for 6 months, but in a much worse fashion. connectivity is finally why I called tech support, because it was so horrible. this is NOTHING like that.

so my question is....is this common with the rezound, or just my phone? any ideas what I can do to fix it on my own, or should I just call tech support? OR are we having another outage that's not being reported? thanks for any help/support.
The arrow stuck in the "up mode" is typical of the OTA ICS ROM, you are not losing 4G signal rather it is a known "data stall" issue that typically fixes itself given a few seconds to minutes just sitting there, poor signal can make this much more prevalent though, which I am assuming is the case since you state you also lose 3G (my assumption, otherwise why would you be on 3G if 4G is available?). The problem seems to come and go though, I don't really know what to relate it to, I have had mine do it a few times a day, then not for days or weeks.

The Global Mode RUU, version 4.3.605.2, is a known fix for this issue.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
that make some sense. I did power down this morning, removed the battery and sim card for about ten minutes and booted back up. no issues so far.

TBoltJ

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm also a TB refuge on the Rezound. I have had good 4G up until the last few days. Last few days Ive been falling down to 3G. I restarted the phone and it went back to 4G but lost it a little later. Yesterday seemed ok earlier but dropped to 3G later at night. I find I have to restart the Rezound every few days to clear out memory, speed it back up, etc. way better than the TB for sure!

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm also a TB refuge on the Rezound. I have had good 4G up until the last few days. Last few days Ive been falling down to 3G. I restarted the phone and it went back to 4G but lost it a little later. Yesterday seemed ok earlier but dropped to 3G later at night. I find I have to restart the Rezound every few days to clear out memory, speed it back up, etc. way better than the TB for sure!

yeah, I'm seeing that the easiest way to get the signal back is to restart it. then it works fine for about 12-13 hours.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
that make some sense. I did power down this morning, removed the battery and sim card for about ten minutes and booted back up. no issues so far.

That's a good idea to do at least once a month. Having the phone do a complete cycle helps it run better. Its a mini computer!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note2

geronimo48

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
With several people having the same problem, I'm sure this isn't the issue, but I bought an extended battery and back and discovered my signal was much worse and would periodically drop altogether. I contacted the vendor and they said the back had been redesigned and they are sending me a new one (the antenna is in the back cover). Just something to keep in mind.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
my problem seems to have been solved by yanking the battery and sim card out. I plan to do this at least once a week. hopefully that the issue. if not, I will go to tech support.

cinner00

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
My rezound will not stay on wifi. It's constantly connecting to my ip address and killing my battery. I have pulled the battery. This happened the same time you all are reporting dropping data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch