Gingerbread ready for Incredible 2 WOW?

gwtiff54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't believe this. They can't even get our thunderbolt's right. But they have time to fix everything else? Just a little mad right now.

Kronk734

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This is absolutely outragous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our Bolts have been out longer, supposed 4G flagship phone, and we can't even get fixed let alone gingerbread!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Words cannot express how pissed off I am. I think once my contract is up I'm switching to the iPhone. As much as I friggen hate the iPhone at least it get's updates in a timely manner and hasn't had issues like randomly rebooting with no fix in sight. Thunderbolt was suppose to be a flagship 4g device, too bad it barely works. I love the phone but I'm getting sick of my reboots, my GPS issues and the battery life wasn't bad but now that I'm rebooting 1-2 times a day my battery gets destroyed. :mad:

budlight-budlight

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
aww relax things will come in time the tb is a 1st generation phone always gonna have more issues the 3g and 4g radios and switching between the two im sure is the big hangup and we are the testers if you didnt know what you were getting into you shouldnt have bought it..this is nothing compared to what i went through with my storm 1 that phone was completely useless off the start but they eventually made it decent with updates

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
aww relax things will come in time the tb is a 1st generation phone always gonna have more issues the 3g and 4g radios and switching between the two im sure is the big hangup and we are the testers if you didnt know what you were getting into you shouldnt have bought it..this is nothing compared to what i went through with my storm 1 that phone was completely useless off the start but they eventually made it decent with updates

I didn't have as many issues with the Storm 1 that I'm having with the Thunderbolt.

Shygar

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The incredible 2 doesn't run on 4G LTE. So it's hard to compare gingerbread radios. Personally I am running stock but you always have the option to root if you want the latest gingerbread.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I think verizon should send out a email that states " for the inconvenience to all thunderbolt owners verizon of offering free anger management classes provided by are competent csr's

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
That is the main reason I have not gotten into a 4G device. A store manager friend of mine has admitted there are issues that need to be resolved with the 4G network as well as the devices. I also think Verizon should be giving those who have issues some kind of credit on their bill. That would be giving good customer service to their Thunderbolt users. You would think they would do all they could to resolve the problems and sooner than they have. They should be working on the quirks before extending the network to more cities. It is in my area, was one of the first. I am not in any hurry to jump over to the 4G. I have perfect call quality and my Original Incredible is working just fine. But to those who have issues, I really do think Verizon should do something.

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That is the main reason I have not gotten into a 4G device. A store manager friend of mine has admitted there are issues that need to be resolved with the 4G network as well as the devices. I also think Verizon should be giving those who have issues some kind of credit on their bill. That would be giving good customer service to their Thunderbolt users. You would think they would do all they could to resolve the problems and sooner than they have. They should be working on the quirks before extending the network to more cities. It is in my area, was one of the first. I am not in any hurry to jump over to the 4G. I have perfect call quality and my Original Incredible is working just fine. But to those who have issues, I really do think Verizon should do something.
Where's BEN5, maybe he can explain some things... like the broken PROMISES for Q2, Netflix, and OnLive!

Yeah we can root and get the leaked gingerbread update but its an unstable one, the radios required for it are very glitchy since they have wifi/3g/4g hand off issues, even bluetooth cuts in and out for handsfree. but one thing they DID fix was the rebooting issue, ever since using MR2 leaked update, my ThunderBolt has NEVER rebooted or turned off on its own. but i got alot of wifi/3g/4g issues causing me to reset the mobile connection each time i run into it... Thank God for widgets!

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
One of the main issues with Android is the fact that once the updated OS is released. manufacturers have to add their own crap on it. So instead of google making the OS then verizon releasing it. It's google-manufacturer-Carrier. The fact that there are so many skins is irritating too. Why not just have one OS and do that?

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Where's BEN5, maybe he can explain some things... like the broken PROMISES for Q2, Netflix, and OnLive!

Yeah we can root and get the leaked gingerbread update but its an unstable one, the radios required for it are very glitchy since they have wifi/3g/4g hand off issues, even bluetooth cuts in and out for handsfree. but one thing they DID fix was the rebooting issue, ever since using MR2 leaked update, my ThunderBolt has NEVER rebooted or turned off on its own. but i got alot of wifi/3g/4g issues causing me to reset the mobile connection each time i run into it... Thank God for widgets!

Can't beleive you're having major data issues with Mr2. That sucks. It works awesome for me. I've had it installed since day 1 of the leak and have only had 1 glitch in data connection since. Even drove across the country with it installed obviously passing off tower to tower for hours on end with no loss in data connection.

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
One of the main issues with Android is the fact that once the updated OS is released. manufacturers have to add their own crap on it. So instead of google making the OS then verizon releasing it. It's google-manufacturer-Carrier. The fact that there are so many skins is irritating too. Why not just have one OS and do that?

According to Google at the 2011 IO conference, starting in Q3 device manufacturers have a certain amount of time that they must release the update with there skin on it and they must support that device for up to 18 months after its release.

HTC, Samsung, Motorola, LG, and others are on board with that but so far there has not been any announced devices that will get this support. My guess is, there going to use that little lead way to not start supporting the devices in that manner until Q3 devices are released.

That way they don't have to liable for all of them to get the newest updates.

Bionic is likely the first to get such support, and so far its even got official Netflix certification thanks to that OMAP 4 processor. ThunderBolt was supposed to have it baked in thanks to that DRM in the CPU, but all the DRM does is cause a headache for video files / music files on the device.

zog1977

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Words cannot express how pissed off I am. I think once my contract is up I'm switching to the iPhone. As much as I friggen hate the iPhone at least it get's updates in a timely manner and hasn't had issues like randomly rebooting with no fix in sight. Thunderbolt was suppose to be a flagship 4g device, too bad it barely works. I love the phone but I'm getting sick of my reboots, my GPS issues and the battery life wasn't bad but now that I'm rebooting 1-2 times a day my battery gets destroyed. :mad:

i agree with the iphone comment,

if the update doesnt fix issues, i might just do the same

Reactions: Twisted