NFL mobile Oct1 no worky

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I did that this afternoon around 330 but when I tried to use it tonight no go. (No restart in between) It also forces up to go through 2 extra screens. Its bogus and should be fixed but wont be if we're all satisfied to do workarounds. It has worked through several on and off cycles.tonight though.....I haven't got a clue. I just think vzw should fix it to work properly as it did before.

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the reps will know anything. As far as they know there were no problems. All of a sudden they are getting calls that make no sense and problems that don't respond to the flip cards in front of them. We will have to get this escalated to people who can actually do things.

Shryne

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I watched it no problem for the early and afternoon games, then it stopped working right before SNF. After a reinstall, it works fine again.

funguy123us

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had trouble all day today. I uninstalled 3 times and re-installed. each time it only worked once then gave me the stupid vcast message.

But now, it's working. I exited application 3 times and it's still working. watching SNF. Not sure what changed but it's working at least for now :D

MegaSoundwave76

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
My NFL Mobile is bonkers also. If I exit the app, and then go back in to watch the SNF game, it asks me that I need VCast vid subscription. When I go into Manage apps and just clear data and relaunch app, I can watch the game again with no prompt to subscribe to VCast videos. Thanks guys for finding a temp fix for now.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep, got the notice to subscribe and did. $10 a month isn't a bad deal if you ask me, but if we were promised to get it for free all season then I got a problem with it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I doubt the reps will know anything. As far as they know there were no problems. All of a sudden they are getting calls that make no sense and problems that don't respond to the flip cards in front of them. We will have to get this escalated to people who can actually do things.

Oh I agree...but if we all use the work-around nobody who matters gets the message and it doesn't get fixed! 100 calls an hour gets it fixed!

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Commercial I saw last night said it was free on the Bionic, wonder if they changed their offer? I used the Red Zone channel for a little bit yesterday and it seemed to be working just fine though. Didn't try watching the game last night on my phone though.

KirkGeis

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
At about 4pm I lost access to NFL Mobile Red Zone so I called Verizon who put me in touch with tech support. They said that the thunderbolt is approved all you have to do is subscribe to Verizon Vcast. She told me that it is free for 4g phones and if I'm charge to call back when I get my bill to get a credit.

I called on Saturday and pretty much had the same answer. Rep was very nice and helpful.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This is a section of a reply I got from emailing Verizon. Since there is a work around,I will continue to use it. This reply I got seems very reasonable, but sounds like it could be a headache later.

As you have stated, the NFL Mobile application will be free for HTC ThunderBolt users. 4G devices will receive premium features at no additional cost for the 2011 NFL season. Customers are advised when accepting the end-user license agreement that a VCast Video subscription is required to access video content. The account will not be charged a VCast Video subscription after accepting the agreement for 4G devices.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
This is a section of a reply I got from emailing Verizon. Since there is a work around,I will continue to use it. This reply I got seems very reasonable, but sounds like it could be a headache later.

As you have stated, the NFL Mobile application will be free for HTC ThunderBolt users. 4G devices will receive premium features at no additional cost for the 2011 NFL season. Customers are advised when accepting the end-user license agreement that a VCast Video subscription is required to access video content. The account will not be charged a VCast Video subscription after accepting the agreement for 4G devices.
Yeah, I went ahead and did it today ($10.00/mo). I'll let you know in a month or so :)

-Frank

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded the app, and it seems to be working great. I am watching MNF right now, and the video and audio are coming through very clearly with no glitches or pauses. There was a notification that V Cast billing MAY be required at some point, but no specific charges right now. A number of reviews on the app in the Android Market indicate that users with a 4G LTE phone like the TB are getting the app for free for this season. The 4G reviewers indicated they confirmed this zero cost with a call to Verizon. Non-4G, non-LTE users are apparently all being required to pay $9.99 per month for the app and are generally upset about those costs. It looks like ThunderBolt users are getting this app for free for the time being, so enjoy it while you can. :D

spudman25rouff

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
How can you get NFL red zone to play from your device via HDMI to a plasma tv? The live content will play on the device, but when it is plugged into the tv via HDMI, error screen comes up...need help.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting: Services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer care for assistance. Error code -303

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Update: I reported yesterday that I was not required to agree to V Cast charges when I initially downloaded, installed and opened the NFL Mobile app. That was my experience the first time I tried the program and watched a portion of the MNF game. I was suprised, however, when I opened the app again later that evening and tried to watch the last quarter of the MNF game because I was then asked to consent to V Cast charges of $9.99 per month. I had not expected that. I guess the program is set up to give you an initial taste for free but then charge you if you decide to use it more than once. Another user has reported that a Verizon representative advised that users with 4G LTE devices will not actually be charged for using the app during the 2011 season despite that notice, but I was not thrilled with the idea of consenting to the charges and just trusting Verizon not to bill me, so backed out of the app. I then went to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage applications/NFL Mobile and just cleared the data for the application to get a fresh start with the app. Then I opened NFL Mobile again and was able to get back to the MNF game without being required to agree to the $9.99 monthly V Cast charge. If you are nervous about using this app and just hoping Verizon will not bill you $9.99 per month despite their assurances they will not bill you, then this workaround of clearing the app's data to get a fresh start may be advisable. :D

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Update: I reported yesterday that I was not required to agree to V Cast charges when I initially downloaded, installed and opened the NFL Mobile app. That was my experience the first time I tried the program and watched a portion of the MNF game. I was suprised, however, when I opened the app again later that evening and tried to watch the last quarter of the MNF game because I was then asked to consent to V Cast charges of $9.99 per month. I had not expected that. I guess the program is set up to give you an initial taste for free but then charge you if you decide to use it more than once. Another user has reported that a Verizon representative advised that users with 4G LTE devices will not actually be charged for using the app during the 2011 season despite that notice, but I was not thrilled with the idea of consenting to the charges and just trusting Verizon not to bill me, so backed out of the app. I then went to Menu/Settings/Applications/Manage applications/NFL Mobile and just cleared the data for the application to get a fresh start with the app. Then I opened NFL Mobile again and was able to get back to the MNF game without being required to agree to the $9.99 monthly V Cast charge. If you are nervous about using this app and just hoping Verizon will not bill you $9.99 per month despite their assurances they will not bill you, then this workaround of clearing the app's data to get a fresh start may be advisable. :D

This has already been reported.

RJSAdvisors

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry I missed that fact on page 4 in reviewing the 50+ messages in this fairly long thread. I just did not want my earlier, and somewhat incorrect, post to mislead others. Just trying to be helpful. :)