February 14 2011 Fail

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
"It's raining but no signs of thunder storm brewing not even a bolt."​

I am wondering if anyone has any status updates on thunderbolt from best buy or their so called reliable source. I know Phil stated the February 24th but I rather just assume it's a rumor. Furthermore, would like to hear some buzz on thunderbolt. Since I doubt will hear much this week cause of the fact MWC. People are their for unveiling new devices and demos not status on previous announced devices. So please chime in....

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of thread with this topic right now, actually pretty much every thread would cover this is some way at this point.

Take a look at some of the stickied threads to see what has been going down today.

durangojim#AC

Banned
Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's anyone surprised that it didn't show today. I'll be more surprised if it's actually released on the 24th since we still don't have official confirmation. "Trust but verify" as a great man once said.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
From @VZWSupport

@TCreech_8020 I apologize we are not offerring a pre order on the HTC Thunderbolt at this time. Refer to Verizon Wireless for updates *edw

Less than 10 min ago.

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon store today to ask about the TBolt. The sales person told me they were not offering any preorders right now because they have not "officially announced that it will be released on the 24th." He told me to just give him a call so he could help me with it once it was announced. He pointed at the iPhone and asked if I was remotely interested in it to which I said, "that piece of crap?" He laughed and told me he was waiting for the TBolt himself.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There are a lot of thread with this topic right now, actually pretty much every thread would cover this is some way at this point.

Take a look at some of the stickied threads to see what has been going down today.

I have just wanted hear from those who were told the 14. Also why so many quote on quote were sure for 14th have to say now since it is the 14th. I would like know if their is any conflicting buzz on 24th date. But I guess I should post in stickies.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
The latest im hearing is the 17th at BB and the 24th at VZ. The delay was because of the storm, alot of stores had problems getting their shipments. so they pushed the release back until they knew all the stores would have them. BB gets them the 17th(their exclusivity) then on the 24th it hits VZ and other websites like wirefly and ebay. Then in march it is available to all retailers. Radioshack etc. Lol

This having a source thing is cool. Even if this is wrong, i feel pretty awesome right now lmfao.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I think your source of 17th for BB and a week later at VZW is going to end up being dead wrong. My money is on VZW having this phone day 1. No reason for them not to.

upz3

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
The latest im hearing is the 17th at BB and the 24th at VZ. The delay was because of the storm, alot of stores had problems getting their shipments. so they pushed the release back until they knew all the stores would have them. BB gets them the 17th(their exclusivity) then on the 24th it hits VZ and other websites like wirefly and ebay. Then in march it is available to all retailers. Radioshack etc. Lol

This having a source thing is cool. Even if this is wrong, i feel pretty awesome right now lmfao.

I like you Titans, don't go to the dark side with dates please :)

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
They've done it before. Exclusively with best buy.

And i don't think VZ is pushing this as hard because 4G is not in enough areas for people to care. Not to mention it's not droid branding. They don't really care about this phone otherwise we would have seen them market it like when they first released LTE. Even when the phone is released (on thursday lol) im willing to bet you won't be seeing any commercials.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I think your source of 17th for BB and a week later at VZW is going to end up being dead wrong. My money is on VZW having this phone day 1. No reason for them not to.

Agreed. I just highly doubt BB gets to launch this thing on day 1 and Verizon doesn't. Not to mention not even a word of it from Verizon so far.

I just came from my local store and they don't even have signage up and neither does Best Buy. You have to know to ASK for the Thunderbolt at BB otherwise you wouldn't even know they offered a pre-order.

Sploinkin

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
They've done it before. Exclusively with best buy.

And i don't think VZ is pushing this as hard because 4G is not in enough areas for people to care. Not to mention it's not droid branding. They don't really care about this phone otherwise we would have seen them market it like when they first released LTE. Even when the phone is released (on thursday lol) im willing to bet you won't be seeing any commercials.

110 million people covered by 4g by the end of the year isn't enough to care?

Mustang7303

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I fully understand that a lot of the frustration is from not only not having an official release date yet, but also missing our hopeful launch today. Sure today could have been the goal for release, but what really upsets me is the lack of explanation for delays.

I am worried about picking up a handset that is riddled with "not quite right" features that never get fixed over the two years I use it. Rumors of Skype issues, LTE issues, MobileHotSpot issues, htcsense.com, hand off issues, simultaneous voice and data issues, or marketing issues. I can deal with a delay, within reason, as long as I understand what I am going to end up getting my self into.

blizz419

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
yea i keep laughing at these people that think VZW won't have Thunderbolt on day 1 they just cant seem to wrap there mind around the term "retail exclusivity" as to just meaning 3rd party B&M retail outlets (best buy, walmart, radioshack) and does not apply to VZW corporate stores

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I think many have state that it is really on the hush hush at stores and that have to ask to pre-order. I remember going pre-order mine and guy didn't even know what was talking about.(though best guy's are not necessarily most knowledge people around) Not to mention lack of advertisements except for the BB Sunday AD but that's not much to stir the buzz for consumers. Is there even a need for pre-order?

I question if this phone will have good turn out besides the android enthusiasts. Thunderbolt owners might be plague with explaining that it's thunderbolt not evo. I will have to admit I have been calling this phone the Verizon evo....no better yet the Verizon Evo 1.5j/k(Don't Bash) I just hope this phone does not get swept away like the eris but worse not have anything great to follow it by htc on verizon. Sorry HTC Merge doesn't exactly fit the bill and actually can replace this entire post with HTC Merge.

Finally my rant is done.

potatolover1102

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I feel like this is the redheaded step child on big red lol. I mean I see these awesome things at mwc and that the LG is getting things poured onto it! I think Verizon screwed themselves with the stupid email update and page that has been inactive for over a month and is the only reason any of us have had hope of a launch before the end of march. I mean I bet the Xperia play gets way more advertising and the new windows 7 will get a nice push for sure. The Droid bionic will make us feel like small peons under attack from above because we didn't buy it when those freaking ads start rolling. I am still getting and know it is a good phone but my plan of a 1 year is no longer wavering lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress