To TBolt or not to Tbolt... That is the Question

mahst687

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
As I will probably get trolled and flamed to death, I am once again going to take one for the team and open up a discussion to hopefully help me in my next phone purchase. So, I can get an upgrade on 3/12... this will be my last upgrade until next year around the same time. I currently sport a droid pro with a cracked screen and desperately need a new phone. With this in mind, how would you proceed? Wait out the TBolt? Get a Dinc? ? Wait for something else? Get a samsung? My current phone still works 100% except for an annoying crack on the screen. So its not a dire situation. I like the feedback as it does influence my decision making... btw, I do not live in a LTE city but it should go 4G this year. Thanks again Droid Community.:cool:

mpf

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
In a similar situation, but with a Storm1. I've also written an android app, another on the way -- but lack a device to test it on (everything in the emulators). I'm not in a 4G area -- and heaven only knows when we'll get that here -- so 4G isn't as much of a concern to me as is having a top-flight piece of hardware that has a better than average chance of timely software updates (or custom mods when those run out.) Any real recommendations are welcome. Spam will be fed to the dog. :)

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
As I will probably get trolled and flamed to death, I am once again going to take one for the team and open up a discussion to hopefully help me in my next phone purchase. So, I can get an upgrade on 3/12... this will be my last upgrade until next year around the same time. I currently sport a droid pro with a cracked screen and desperately need a new phone. With this in mind, how would you proceed? Wait out the TBolt? Get a Dinc? ? Wait for something else? Get a samsung? My current phone still works 100% except for an annoying crack on the screen. So its not a dire situation. I like the feedback as it does influence my decision making... btw, I do not live in a LTE city but it should go 4G this year. Thanks again Droid Community.:cool:

If you got the Droid Pro because of its international roaming capabilities you probably don't want the TB.

It sounds like the TB will be available next week, so by the time your upgrade kicks in you should have it as an option.

I wouldn't get a DInc at this point, since it sounds like the DInc 2 will be coming out fairly soon, but that's my opinion.

ipb_11

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually in that same situation but I'm with a blackberry storm 2 and I'm tired of it. I think if the thunderbolt doesn't get released here in the next two weeks I'm going to get a Dinc because my storm is going to die soon.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
yea, been waitin on the bolt, me an my newly made wife are getting a family plan, im on att with iphone 3g, shes on verizon with lg env on fam plan with parents. her parents are giving me mid march to take over her bill.

ther are some rumors sayin announcement tomorow, an released 10th, if this doesnt happen. the only other option is nexus s on tmo, i need speed an tmo is pullin 5mb all over my city

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Did you just write "newly made wife"? Lol! I have never seen anyone put it that way!!

Anyways, I am to Bolt - if it ever gets released.

barnebyjones

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree, get the Thunderbolt!!

I'm getting it even if it comes out after the Bionic.
Basically I'm just saying I have put too much time salivating over this phone and to get something else now, would make all of that time I spent waiting worth nothing, and that would be just incredibly stupid.

Get the bolt.

canesfan44

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you just write "newly made wife"? Lol! I have never seen anyone put it that way!!

Anyways, I am to Bolt - if it ever gets released.

I agree. The word "made" is not what I usually hear when people talk of marriage. Made means creation, and I always think of marriage more as an ending, or destruction, rather than a creation. Like, your life will be ending now that your married, or getting married is like the destruction of happiness. Just kidding.;)

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I agree. The word "made" is not what I usually hear when people talk of marriage. Made means creation, and I always think of marriage more as an ending, or destruction, rather than a creation. Like, your life will be ending now that your married, or getting married is like the destruction of happiness. Just kidding.;)

Lmfao. I'm married, so I know first hand. @ OP, I'd say get the Tbolt.