Wired tether - phone loses data connection

banderbe

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I found if I plug my phone into my laptop and use the "Internet Connection Mode" feature, I get blazing fast internet on my laptop but the phone has NO data connection at all.

Meaning I can't get notifications of e-mail, etc., while my phone is tethered to my laptop via USB.

That SUCKS!!! I'm hoping this is just some setting I'm not aware of.

That or I need to figure out how to get the wired tether apk to work on the Thunderbolt. I never lost 3G when I wired tethered using my old Droid.

imdaShiy

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I get the same thing. What I don't understand is when using wireless hotspot, the phone does keep a connection. However, if I use a Bliuetooth headset to make a call while the phone is also running the hotspot, the data connection via computer drops; I think this is an issue with 2.4 GHz wireless interference.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That is by design.

Think it has something to do with VZW's upcoming plans to prevent smartphones from using programs such as PDANet to emulate data to the phone when it is really to the PC using cable tethering? Notice that there are no USB modem drivers for this phone either? And no Bluetooth communications profile? :)

Just sayin'...

In all fairness, this was the case also with modem tethered access, in the past.

-Frank

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress