Going back to my Droid Incredible

aplsucks

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If my phone stays in standby, i have good battery life. It'll last more than a day. If I am playing with it alot, it'll last 6 hours roughly. That is GTG with me. As badass as this phone is, I am great with those numbers.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Nothing scientific here, but I am getting at least twice as much battery life out of my TB which is exclusively running on 3g (not in a 4g market) when compared to my Dinc. I was off the charger yesterday for over 12hrs 45min and still had 60% of my battery left. I probably don't use my phone as much as some, but in comparison with my Dinc, I was using it the same and could NEVER get that much time w/o looking for a charge.

Realist

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
oh yeah, it has a decent battery life, if you turn all the phones niceties off and use it for a clock only... don't surf the web (especially in 4g which you're paying for), play games, make phone calls (the hissing sound will drain you battery faster), also make sure your screen brightness is low enough not to be able to see it outside, probably should avoid texting and taking pictures as well... makes sense to me

might as well trade it in for non smart phone and use your computer for web browsing

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I almost hit 20 hrs from a full charge yesterday, and I was in training at work so I was using the crap out of it. We had a server go down and my exchange email blew up! I am not in a 4G area and I was on wi-fi most of the day. I let the battery die at home last night just to see how far I could stretch it and when I was at 5% my screen was around 72% of that 95% use. I haven't used a lot of the battery saving tips, but I have seen the battery getting stronger the last couple days. It is way better than my incredible was, in fact I kept showing the battery level last night to my wife who still has her Droid Incredible, she seemed to even be impressed..

experiment 626

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
oh yeah, it has a decent battery life, if you turn all the phones niceties off and use it for a clock only... don't surf the web (especially in 4g which you're paying for), play games, make phone calls (the hissing sound will drain you battery faster), also make sure your screen brightness is low enough not to be able to see it outside, probably should avoid texting and taking pictures as well... makes sense to me

might as well trade it in for non smart phone and use your computer for web browsing

Although it's a bit of an exaggeration on your part that's why I'm seriously considering the extended battery. If all I cared about was device thickness I would have went for the DX or the Fascinate. The Bolt's upside is too much to give up over an issue(battery life) that can be solved or at least managed.

aplsucks

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Although it's a bit of an exaggeration on your part that's why I'm seriously considering the extended battery. If all I cared about was device thickness I would have went for the DX or the Fascinate. The Bolt's upside is too much to give up over an issue(battery life) that can be solved or at least managed.

Well put. Exactly my thoughts also.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I was just about ready to take mine back or buy the "fatty battery" but after several charge cycles, bump charging a few times, and installing juice defender I'm getting pretty decent battery life. I'm in a strong LTE area in Dallas and use it quite a bit although I use wifi at home. Yesterday after 10 hours off the charger I was still around 35% battery life. The display showed as the biggest battery hog under the battery use tool in settings. About 70% of the battery was consumed by it and it showed it was on for 3.5 hours. Most of what I do with my phone is data centric. Either Twitter, fb, email, or browsing so there was data transmitted a majority of the time the display was on. Is highly recommend a couple bump charge cycles if you haven't already and giving juice defender a try. There are two versions in the market. I'm using the beta version.