Network Problems?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Today I have experienced some rapid cycling of signals, including the 4G icon flashing on and off every few seconds. I know a few others of you have said you experienced something similar.

Well, tonight my Bolt has decided to not hold anything other than 1x. I've tried rebooting, toggling the mobile network on and off, and nothing works. I downloaded the mobile signal widget, and its reporting -82 dBm, so I'm getting signal, but nothing other than 1X. Every now and then 4G will pop back in for a minute or so, then drop again.

Is Verizon having problems tonight? I know their systems were down for a good chunk of today, so any chance the network has been affected too?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
It's like any time I actually go to use the connection it drops. I just had 4G showing, but when I went to go run a speedtest it immediately dropped to 1X. This is just really bizarre.

anon(149276)

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine really fluctuates in my house. When I'm at work it works like a dream. But when at my house, I usually have 2 bars of Lte. And it bounces around and can have a hard time initiating a website to open. I think VZW is having some issues, but I think they're too few and far between to return the phone and I believe they'll get better with time. But like I said, its a huge location issue for me. Almost night and day really

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, I am in the extended coverage area, but I haven't seen less than two bars of STRONG signal at my house since I got it. So what's happening now is not normal for my location.

NeutralNovice

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I just joined the forum! I was actually looking into this issue, where 4G LTE would just go on and off... on an off... on and off. VERY irritating, and it only started to happen today, so I am hoping this is an isolated incident, but after reading this post, it seems that it's a bit more widespread than I thought. I've been getting excellent 4G service otherwise.

I have a 4G card with Verizon as well so I will attempt to test it to see if 4G is experiencing problems there as well. If so, then at least I'll know it's the network and not my phone.

My Location:
San Francisco Bay Area

NeutralNovice

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I just ran the test using my 4G LTE USB Drive and can confirm that I am experiencing the same problem, where the connection goes in and out, intermittently. Actually, I can't even get a stable connection at all with either device.

I hope this helps! I'm very happy that it's merely a network issue as I have been EXTREMELY happy with my phone!

The only issue I see is that this has been happening since at least 3pm PST, when I first noticed the problem.

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Problems in SE Michigan. After a reboot or coming out of air plane mode its 4G and a quick speed test shows good ping time and blazing fast 4g but within a minute or Two it drops to 3g.

Bummer but I'm glad to see it's more than just me. At least I know it's just not my phone.

NeutralNovice

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Update: After not being able to connect to 4G, it looks like they have it set up to 3G only for now.... where the 4G was just turning on and off intermittently earlier.

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Me too. Problems in D.C

since I got this phone a week ago it's been all 4 g in my house . 3 or 4 bars! now since this morning, it's either 1 or 3g Could people report their locations so we can get a handle on the scope of the issue?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't up at 1:10 am Central time when this was authored, but I'm in St. Louis and I'm not having any issues with 4G. I haven't had any 4G issues since I got the phone. I think I've only dropped to 3G twice since the 17th and that's because there is a spot in my driveway that doesn't get quite the same signal as the rest of the property and it just happens to be around the spot where I park my car.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine did it today. No data signal for a while and 1X when it could get something. I put the phone in airplane mode so as to save battery then checked it 30 minutes later. Still nothing so I did a battery pull just in case... it finally started working again although it's skipping in-and-out of 4G in an area that's considered a strong signal.

They might be doing something to the national network today.

gunmetalgr3g

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yea having problems in columbus ohio as well, I thought it was because I charged the phone last night in airplane mode...So I am glad it is across the nation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non