Thunderbolt question? Before I return it.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from the HTC incredible and I honestly have to say the disappointed with the Thunderbolts performance. It seem like it lags alot. Just alot slower then the incredible. I can even see the flip clock change. My incredible was alot faster in my oppinion. Anyone else having these issues? My wifes does the same as well. I am honestly thinking of going back to the incredible. Any advise before I bring them back?

Reactions: Realist

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming from the HTC incredible and I honestly have to say the disappointed with the Thunderbolts performance. It seem like it lags alot. Just alot slower then the incredible. I can even see the flip clock change. My incredible was alot faster in my oppinion. Anyone else having these issues? My wifes does the same as well. I am honestly thinking of going back to the incredible. Any advise before I bring them back?

The flip clock is supposed to do that. Sense 2.0 added an actual 'flipping' animation to the clock.

I don't see it being slower than the Incredible though. It is quite a bit faster, and that's not a subjective judgement. There's the occasional lag, sure, but nothing like what you would get with a fully-loaded Incredible.

cusco

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
the bolt faster in some ways! but none the less the incredible is fast and smooth but the screen size gets me every time! its just so nice to have a bigger screen, and the speaker on the incredible just blows the thunderbolt outta its water...unless my bolt has a faulty speaker. checking that out tomorrow.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Mine didn't. I use to use mine pluged in all the time. Decisions. Decisions.

Here's the thing though. It really doesn't matter if yours didn't do it. The grounding issue is a known one with HTC handsets, so what you're experiencing is something that isn't exactly out of the ordinary.

CrotchBat

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I smoked my friend's Inc earlier today in a few basic tests. She wanted to see what the Thunderbolt could do and I blew her Inc away.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I understand. Just trying to justify keeping this phone or not. I do like the bigger screen though.

When did you get it?

Try living with it for a week or so, and see what you think then. If you still don't like it, you can return it. But at least you'd have given it a chance.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Some of the problems people are having could just be considered growing pains. Part of being an early adopter. You're like the first large batch of testers to see what they need to fix in the first maintenance update.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Some of the problems people are having could just be considered growing pains. Part of being an early adopter. You're like the first large batch of testers to see what they need to fix in the first maintenance update.

I hear yeah. Boot time takes forever to huh. I'll probably keep it anyways. Just not what I expected.

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any of the issues noted. My phone pauses after the lightning storm when I reboot it. For the first minute or 2 it is slow/laggy.
I'm assuming services and software is loading and starting up.
Once I have LTE signal/service and it's connected....no lag/stutter at all.

However, I did use my 700mah battery charger and it seems like I had to press extra hard on the screen. I connected my cheap, ebay USB charger @ 1000 mah and it has no problems on the charger or not and it obviously charges faster too.

MBeattie

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Also if I have it plugged in it is slow to type or perform any functions. Anyone else see this?
I haven't noticed a difference when plugged in specifically, mine is just lagging when typing altogether. So much so that it almost freezes up when typing long messages or posting here in the forums. Hopefully these little issues are software related and will be rectified with an update.

ccskimmer04

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the grounding issue too but i can't say it really bothers me at all. But to say the incredible speaker was louder while it is an opinion is absurd to me. Now i loved my incredible but the speaker was horrible. I love the TB speaker. With or without the kickstand open it sounds great. I am on my second TB but since i bought from a local store I was able to walk in and walk out with a brand new phone within a half hour. Def. worth the investment and i hope you can work your bugs out cuz this phone is great

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not hating, but I just want to say many LULZ at can see flip clock change... as if it's lagging... hahaha made my morning. :D

Reactions: Chrisy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38