2nd red led next to orange/green one?

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that right next to the orange/green led that there is another one that faintly glows red? I was on the phone last night on my bluetooth headset, got a second phone call and answered, when i went to switch over to the first call i noticed this dull red led to the right of main one. Has anyone noticed this or know what it's for?

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Do you wear glasses? :D

-Frank
I ask a legitimate question and i get crap like this? Way to not be helpful there. Wish there was an anti-thank button on here for crap like this.

It is the proximity sensor. It tells the phone to shut the screen off when it nears your face. If using Bluetooth your not close to it so it is trying to see where you are. Put your finger right over it and watch the screen go out until you move your finger.
Interesting, i've never seen the prox sensor light up like this before. I'll have to check this out next time i'm on a bluetooth call.

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I never knew there was a led there until I downloaded and installed the leaked Skype apk. It blinks rapidly when signed into Skype. You posted this before it was even leaked, so I don't know the answer for it being lit on your phone.

willis936

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
A sense of humor is important in real life let alone on a forum. Don't take life too seriously you'll never get put alive.

As for your question: light sensors do not light up. There is a red led but the only time it's lit up for me is when the battery is less than 15%.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk

Reactions: disney.jessica

Xxw0lfxX

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that right next to the orange/green led that there is another one that faintly glows red? I was on the phone last night on my bluetooth headset, got a second phone call and answered, when i went to switch over to the first call i noticed this dull red led to the right of main one. Has anyone noticed this or know what it's for?

I noticed this after installing the leaked Skype with video. After you log out of skype, does it go away? I just started a new thread 'Unofficial Skype Issues

Headhunters

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help but I also have seen this lil flashing red led from day one launch day . I get it any time I make a phone call , tango, and Skype now . Very interesting indeed though. And as far as the proximity censor I think that is just below the ear peace in the screen beside the VZW check. Gl

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
wow. calm down. half the posts in this forum are humorous.

It would be one thing if it was even funny, i don't really see the humor in it. I know that people will make jokes on here and all, but at least make it funny if you're going to try and be smart with your response.

A sense of humor is important in real life let alone on a forum. Don't take life too seriously you'll never get put alive.

As for your question: light sensors do not light up. There is a red led but the only time it's lit up for me is when the battery is less than 15%.

-stock HTC Thunderbolt tapatalk
See above about the humor, nice van wilder quote there btw (even if it's slighty messed up ;)). Humor like this when it's apparent is nice, not when you have no clue if the guy is just being smart, or serious.

This led i'm speaking of is right next to that orange/red/green one that blinks for notifications of any sort. It's a fairly dull, dim led. I'm not sure you'd be able to even see it during the day though it's that dim.

As for the skype comments, this was before the apk was even leaked. So i'm not even going to bother with using it to "figure out" what it is.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could help but I also have seen this lil flashing red led from day one launch day . I get it any time I make a phone call , tango, and Skype now . Very interesting indeed though. And as far as the proximity censor I think that is just below the ear peace in the screen beside the VZW check. Gl
Yea, now that i actually look at it, that sensor is right above the check for the VZ logo.

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Humor is good. I tried to be funny saying I got the bolt before the release date. Not a single one of you humours people thought that was funny. Just got to catch em on the right day, at the right time. Let's make 5pm funny post time. That's when you can all pull the sticks out and stop crying about 4g and battery life. Sound like a plan? I better shut up before I get banned for being funny. But I digress, back to your phones now people. Looking forward to all the funny 5 O clock post.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Humor is good. I tried to be funny saying I got the bolt before the release date. Not a single one of you humours people thought that was funny. Just got to catch em on the right day, at the right time. Let's make 5pm funny post time. That's when you can all pull the sticks out and stop crying about 4g and battery life. Sound like a plan? I better shut up before I get banned for being funny. But I digress, back to your phones now people. Looking forward to all the funny 5 O clock post.
Hear about the inmate in a local prison that saw people at lunch, standing up and yelling a number, then everyone would laugh. Then another guy yelled a number, same thing, everyone laughed. So, he found out that since they weren't allowed to talk at lunch, everyone had memorized jokes by numbers. So all you have to do is stand up and yell out the number of the joke. Next day, he tried it, and nobody laughed. Perplexed, he asked someone why nobody laughed at his joke. They said, "Well, some's can tell 'em and some's can't!" :D

-Frank

Last edited:

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Saw the same thing last night. Was talking while using the car's BT and had to leave the car. Picked up the phone to talk after I cut the car off and saw the little red light.

Its located in the grill that covers the ear piece.

thozgyz

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hear about the inmate in a local prison that saw people at lunch, standing up and yelling a number, then everyone would laugh. Then another guy yelled a number, same thing, everyone laughed. So, he found out that since they weren't allowed to talk at lunch, everyone had memorized jokes by numbers. So all you have to do is stand up and yell out the number of the joke. Next day, he tried it, and nobody laughed. Perplexed, he asked someone why nobody laughed at his joke. They said, "Well, some's can tell 'em and some's can't!" :D

-Frank

That's funny stuff. I'll have to remember that one. Made my day buddy.

stearic

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Saw the same thing last night. Was talking while using the car's BT and had to leave the car. Picked up the phone to talk after I cut the car off and saw the little red light.

Its located in the grill that covers the ear piece.
Exactly, right next to the main LED that's used for everything else.

disney.jessica

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I find it a bit humorous that some people are getting a little bit paranoid or worked up about this. I don't see how a little red light could be a problem with the phone. It sounds like there's a pattern with everyone noticing it when they're on some sort of call (voice or video).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez