I FINALLY made a decision!

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So if anyone were to read my posts throughout AC or follow my tweets, one could, and probably would, think that I am a little nuts because I have been so undecided and wishy-washy about a new phone... BUT.... I can NOW say I am NOW free to OCD over something else because ... I ordered the Thunderbolt online this morning and will officially be an Android user by end of day Wednesday!

I was actually hoping to pick it up in-store, but they wouldn't honor the $149.99 price I was getting on the VZW website so I ordered it online. Now I have an extra $50 to use towards accessories and/or apps! :)

So, with this being my first smartphone/Android, I will need all the help I can get. Is there a 'Android for dummy' forum on AC somewhere? Guess I will be reading all the threads in the TB forum for the next 2 days to prepare myself! :D

SPD

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Congrats man. You won't be sorry. The TB is amazing. Android is not hard to learn either. Just play around with your phone for a few days and you should pick it up fine.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Adroid! :) And... they answer all dumb questions here. No problem. I know, because I had plenty, and they answered them here. Haha :D

-Frank
books

Reactions: AmousmosesMW

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
You made a very good choice in the Thunderbolt and trust me you won't be disappointed. Read through the tips and tricks and if you can't find any answer you have just ask here.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: AmousmosesMW

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get it in my hands and activated!

I already got an email that my phone has been shipped! OHHHH wouldn't that be exciting if I actually get it tomorrow! :D

Last edited:

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you mind my asking how you were able to get the $150 price?

I honestly don't know. Ever since the TB was released, it has always shown in my 'My Verizon' account at the $199.99 price tag with a $50 upgrade discount which brought it to the $149.99. When I went to the VZW store over the weekend, it was coming up at $199.99 after the upgrade discount so they would not honor the $149.99 price.

I am eligible for a $50 upgrade discount and I get a corporate discount... so not sure if that is where the discounted price is coming from or not.

All I know is that I also have two $50 rebate cards from other past phone purchases so at the end of the day, when my bill comes since I did the Bill My Account option, I will only be spending $50 on my Thunderbolt! :D

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the pack! Its great to see another soon to be happy (hopefully) bolt user!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Add me to that club as well! Couldn't be happier.. And i was all about my DX.. (still a great device) but lovin my BOLT!!

So welcome to the family!

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
DX had amazing hardware but honetly Blur can never hold a candle to Sense and Launcher Pro or another launcher can only do just so much....

So, I've seen this Launcher Pro app come up in several places.... Is this something that is only available if you root the phone or does it also work on an un-rooted phone?

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74