NEAR PERFECT BOLT! It's all a matter of trial and error!

dajogejr

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been very happy with the BAMF builds. I switch between andrynalyns's kernal (part of team BAMF) and Imoseyon's lean kernals.

The last few days they've been updating and changing a lot. Hard to keep up...lol.

I think they're on to something and are just tweaking it a little bit more each time.

Cleaning off the garbage bloat and properly volting/clocking this processor have given me great gains in both performance and battery life!

mikestorm

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
From activation to root I owned the phone for approximately 45 minutes. After root came Das BAMF and the phone is perfect.

LinxuSx

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just want to say something to all who have complaints about the Thunderbolt. When I first received my Thunderbolt, it was a great device. It had its share of problems as everyone has been stating in these forums. Now after having the device for a while and reading up and trial and error, etc.... With that being said, I'll let you guys know what led me to what I have now that my Thunderbolt is nearly PERFECT. Battery life is Phenomenal, phone is super fast, great reception. It's not as complex as all that and maybe there is a bit of luck involved here as well. O.K., here it is:
BAMF 1.6.2 ROCKS!!! This is the major part of why the phone is like butter! I had 1.6 and last night applied the patch and presto! Battery amazing - I do not have any restrictions AT ALL. full auto sycing for everything, no backlight restrictions - have it on highest setting with a 1 min screen timeout. I have been off charge for about two hours now and i have had some use and I am still at 94% battery. have cdma+lte/evdo auto enabled. set cpu is at 1.4 max and 245 min with no profiles set. Called verizon about the reception issue and she did someting on the back end with the settings and had me reboot my phone - great reception now. GPS locks on like my Incredible did (without any help from gps status).
Phone is fast as hell. Like i said, I could just be lucky. Just wanted to share my experience. Thanks.
:):D:eek:

Also curious to know exactly what you said to them and more on what they did. I get spotty 4g and q delay on data downloads and upload. Also cant get a lock on gps for like 10 + mins.. even with god status

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OgreMkV

Apr 26, 2011
ogremk5.wordpress.com
I guess we're just lucky, we run 8 hours with use (checking e-mail, facebook, etc) and just barely get into the yellow battery and we're both running stock.

This includes a run for about an hour at 4G when my wife was doing her on-line class on the Thunderbolt as we were driving Beltway 8 around Houston.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I get 9 to 10 hrs. on stock battery with moderate use,screen down,GPS off,etc.,etc.

I get 20 to 24 hrs. on extended battery,running Live Wallpaper,screen wide open GPS on, etc.,etc. So I must be one of the lucky ones also.

And I am totally stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty