What are you doing when your phone reboots?

Slapnpop826

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe we can help nail down a culprit.

For me it has happend while on a call or using GPS. I have read others with similar experiences.

Has anyone had a reboot while doing something else?

Last edited:

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine always reboots when it is sitting there doing nothing. Every single time. And it's an average of about twice a week since I got it at launch. No causative factor that I can determine. Unless maybe I looked at it funny or something...

akira751

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
4 total reboots so far. I was doing nothing for all 4. Phone was sitting on table then I hear the thunder sound.

pfiz113

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine rebooted 2 twice. Once listening to womanly and the other while using amazon mp3 player.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jjcampnr

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm completely stock, the ONLY application I have that didn't come with the phone is the original Angry Birds, that's it. My phone reboots constantly (probably 10 times a day) both when idle and when performing random tasks (SMS, voice call, Angry Birds, etc). Reboots on WiFi, 3G, 4G, 1X, etc.

The ONLY time it doesn't reboot is when plugged in, either via USB to PC, wall charger, or car charger. It seems if it's getting juice it doesn't reboot.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Navigation, Maps, Texting, touching the screen, sleeping, watching tv, using the bathroom, mowing the lawn, listing to pandora or iheart radio........Its random it does in when ever it feels like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine reboots all the time, including when on the charger. My wifes phone is too. It's that "update" they pushed out that started it all.

Verizon is sending us two new phones that haven't had the update installed.

It rebooted the other day after I had been on hold with the IRS for two hours. The women answered and within 15 seconds it rebooted.

pete1118

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Only reboots I have had are when I was using the GPS with a golf distance finder app so the GPS was more or less running all the time. Did not have the reboot problem before the unpdate.

Mustanggirl05

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine rebooted for the first time the other day while I was using Gasbuddy app. I do have to add it was the first time i was on 3g instead of wifi since the OTA. I have been using wifi since the reboot and it has not happened again. If it reboots again while I'm just on 3g I'll let you know.

Almightyclown

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know mine hasn't restarted at all since I got it a few days after launch. My wife's on the other hand has been restarting pretty regularly since the update. She said while listening to Pandora, on a call, while it was charging, and then just randomly when she wasn't using it at all. I wonder if the fix that HTC and Verizon will finally release will just be turning off the thunderstorm when it boots....half of the restarts wouldn't even be noticed if it didn't sound like a tropical storm in your pocket.

dmarlow83

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Reboots anytime it's not plugged in, haven't had anything specific happen, while its sitting idle, amazon mp3, just any time really, haven't as of yet had it happen while I was on the phone.

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Handscent. My phone has never done this before, but now, every time I try to open Handscent, it freezes, tries to force close, then lets me do other things, but like 2 min later, it reboots. Just started doing this like 2 hours ago, and has rebooted like 5 times. UGH!!

Goat-Tee

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Mine reboots as soon as the battery hits 50%. Reboots when it drops to 50% and when it hits 50% while charging. Also, no thunder sound when it reboots it's self and none of my notifications have sound until I reboot it manually.

tender

Jan 13, 2010
terpconnect.umd.edu
Mine has been rebooting about twice per day since the OTA. I have reset my Thunderbolt and I am now running it with NO added software. It rebooted yesterday while I was not using it, phone was in my pocket. It rebooted last night while I was sleeping, woke up to find out it had rebooted.

I wish HTC would first get the base Android OS working on the phones before the try to add junk like Sense and Blockbuster. I would be very happy with an un-skinned but working without reboots Android phone. I liked my OG Verizon Droid, but i really enjoy 4G and the big screen of the TB.

I will wait and see if they can fix all the problems or I might ask my Verizon government rep for a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87