Hotspot Problems

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been able to get my hotspot to work. Thought someone might have an idea before I call Verizon. I turn on Mobile Hotspot on my Thunderbolt and turn off security all together (to rule out a bad password). I then find the hotspot just fine on my Windows 7 laptop and click connect. However, it always connects but says no internet. I connect to other wifi networks just fine from that laptop. This happens for both LTE and 3G. Any ideas on how to make this work?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been able to get my hotspot to work. Thought someone might have an idea before I call Verizon. I turn on Mobile Hotspot on my Thunderbolt and turn off security all together (to rule out a bad password). I then find the hotspot just fine on my Windows 7 laptop and click connect. However, it always connects but says no internet. I connect to other wifi networks just fine from that laptop. This happens for both LTE and 3G. Any ideas on how to make this work?
Couple of things... first, I've noticed that the TBolt Mobile Hotspot is very slow to fully connect (to include "Internet access"). So slow that I will often see the "connection failed" message on Windows 7. I just close the error message and wait. A couple of minutes later I have Internet access.

Also, if that doesn't work... create a password. Some systems are very difficult to connect to without a password.

-Frank

Last edited:

XStroX

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Couple of things... first, I've noticed that the TBolt Mobile Hotspot is very slow to fully connect (to include "Internet access"). So slow that I will often see the "connection failed" message on Windows 7. I just close the error message and wait. A couple of minutes later I have Internet access).

Also, if that doesn't work... create a password. Some systems are very difficult to connect to without a password.

-Frank
I'll give that a shot. The few times I've tried it I get so aggravated perhaps I close it out before it finally connects.

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It could have to do with the free usage of hotspot end on the 15th of June and today we have to start paying for it.

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
My mobile hotspot cuts in and out constantly. My computer keeps a constant connection to the phone but the phone keeps losing then picking up the internet. The application keeps bouncing back and forth from connected to no mobile network. It does it in strong 4G areas (20 mbps or more speed with strong signal) and 3G areas. It has done it everywhere I have tried it. It is really annoying.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

jdeshong

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Quite a few people have issues with the built-in hotspot cutting in and out with me included. Once I rooted the phone and installed the wireless tether app(for root users), everything has worked great since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty