SmartShareProvider using battery like mad

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Just went from a Droid Bionic to the LG G2 yesterday. I'm finding my way around and really like it so far. The buttons on the back don't bother me so much. I had really good luck with the battery yesterday. Today...something odd seems to be going on.

In about an hour the phone has gone down from 100% to 79% in about 1.5 hours. So I look at the battery stuff in settings and I see the top offender is this SmartShareProvider at 40%...and it has a box next to it that says "Stop" but it's greyed out and won't click. Next item down is screen at 23%, Android OS at 12%, Mediaserver at 10%...and the next ones are all 5% or less. BeyondPod at 5% has a Stop box nect to it that is NOT greyed out.

What is this SmartShareProvider? And is it advisable to force stop it in the Application Manager? Is there a way to get it to settle down? In my Settings all of the Share and Connect items are turned off. In fact the phone has dropped another couple percent as I write this plea.

Thanks in advance to the best damned Android community on earth.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
That should be a part of the smart share beam, which is what allows sending of files from one LG phone to another.
If you don't use it, make sure it's off in settings under the share & connect tab. It can be completely disabled in the application manager under all apps.

Posted via Android Central App

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
That should be a part of the smart share beam, which is what allows sending of files from one LG phone to another.
If you don't use it, make sure it's off in settings under the share & connect tab. It can be completely disabled in the application manager under all apps.

Thanks, I've disabled it for now...I can always re-enable it later if I decide I need my battery sucked that bad. And it seems to have helped. The battery usage slope has leveled off quite dramatically. Thanks agn.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I've disabled it for now...I can always re-enable it later if I decide I need my battery sucked that bad. And it seems to have helped. The battery usage slope has leveled off quite dramatically. Thanks agn.

You're welcome. I'm new to this phone myself so don't mind sharing my discoveries.
Btw, I highly recommend a reboot after disabling apps. Just seems to have a better result. It could be in my mind though.

mccornwall

May 12, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome. I'm new to this phone myself so don't mind sharing my discoveries.
Btw, I highly recommend a reboot after disabling apps. Just seems to have a better result. It could be in my mind though.

Good idea that can't hurt. I've done so. Battery life is really quite good now. I'm really enjoying the phone...I hope it lasts as long as my Bionic did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress