slow charging

jjwizbit

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
When i have my device plugged in for charging it charges slowly and there is a message saying "slow charging, to charge faster use the original charger" I was wondering if anyone could help me with this since i am using the original charger that it came with. I have only had the phone 3 days but this is the first time this has happened.

Slender Troll

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the charger and cable that came with your device?
Also, have you tried restarting your phone recently to see if that helps?

Sent from my Nexus 7/Nexus 4

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
No idea, see how long it takes to charge from dead empty and give the results. A battery pull might not hurt either.

Also, sometimes I've heard of defective cables that come with devices, or having problems with a battery after using strange cables with different power outputs.

Sorry for the lack of answers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

msmmain

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
What was the solution to this issue? I am now having the same issue only I've had my phone for several months. Pulling the battery, restarting, and plug/unplug/cleaning charger hasnt helped. Also in the settings menu under battery settings, it tells me im charging USB not AC even though its on AC. I have the icon at the top that says "slow charging, please plug into original charger for faster charging"

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
What was the solution to this issue? I am now having the same issue only I've had my phone for several months. Pulling the battery, restarting, and plug/unplug/cleaning charger hasnt helped. Also in the settings menu under battery settings, it tells me im charging USB not AC even though its on AC. I have the icon at the top that says "slow charging, please plug into original charger for faster charging"

I don't think there was an answer. It may be that the device is charging just fine, and the phone doesn't know it... or the battery may be defective.

If it is taking a very long time to charge, a new battery may be the only answer.

I think the phone charges in about 2 hours from dead empty. (Guessing only).

Run it down and let us know. Also, a screen shot of the battery usage might indicate whether or not it's a bad battery.

Posted via Android Central App