Simplexity Preorder Updates (wirefly / newegg / target / etc.)

kittygetwet

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was ready to talk to them and return today to be safe and this is what I got when setting up return

"Manoj P : Please do not worry about this as this is in case of deactivation of services only. "

he then proceeded to have me swap sim, wait 2 minutes, and power up the new phone and it was working on my line.

So all seems ok. Line I "switched" to, my primary has the SGS4 and still unlimited data. I moved my SGS3 to the line the upgrade was used and it's upgrade date is now two years out. Weird he gave me different information than everyone got on Friday.

Last edited:

kittygetwet

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I hope it works for you, I ended up sending mine back as soon as it came. I'd rather pay $40 extra now than possibly $400 in 181 days.

Ya I'm a little hesitant still. I asked well "what if?" he said that these chats are kept on file with the order so if any problems come up. That comforted me a little.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'm a little hesitant still. I asked well "what if?" he said that these chats are kept on file with the order so if any problems come up. That comforted me a little.

I spent about an hour on the phone with a supervisor and she sent me two emails in her own writing stating that the only way I will be charged that fee is if I deactivate the phone. Not sure if holds any weight but its worth a try.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing with this...

I saved $80 on the price of the phone because of tax and the discount. There's maybe a 5% chance that I have any issue within 181 days that causes me to have to pay this $400 fine. Therefore, if 1 out of every 20 times I'd have to pay the fine, and 19 out of every 20 times I'd get the discount with no fine, then I still come out well ahead.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing with this...

I saved $80 on the price of the phone because of tax and the discount. There's maybe a 5% chance that I have any issue within 181 days that causes me to have to pay this $400 fine. Therefore, if 1 out of every 20 times I'd have to pay the fine, and 19 out of every 20 times I'd get the discount with no fine, then I still come out well ahead.

Also, I feel the same way about purchasing insurance. You'd have to break about 1 out of every 3 phones you buy for the insurance to be worth it.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Also, I feel the same way about purchasing insurance. You'd have to break about 1 out of every 3 phones you buy for the insurance to be worth it.

All it takes is once. I've used my insurance for upgrades before too so to me it's been well worth it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
All it takes is once. I've used my insurance for upgrades before too so to me it's been well worth it.

I've had smartphones for 6 years and never have bought insurance and have never broken one. Even if I broke one now and had to pay $700, I'd still have spent less money overall than if I had bought insurance for the last 6 years for $100 a year plus a deductible.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't break mine either, but if I get a scratch on the screen I have them send me a new one just because I can't stand looking at a scratched screen, and that can get expensive paying full price. Also, my wife ALWAYS breaks her phones and there's really nothing I can do about that so I keep it. Plus, usually if she's halfway through her contract they'll let her upgrade to the newest version of the phone she has. That's why she has a Droid 4 instead of a Droid 3 right now. If you never break your phone though, I can see why you wouldn't want to pay for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa