Now that you have your S4 how do you like it, pros/ cons

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah as far as continuous scrolling that's a new launcher fix, but the swipe to call and text does work try staying in the middle of the contract, I had problems till I found the spot

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks so much that worked perfectly! Does anyone know how to get rid of that talk back feature? It only happens when i check or uncheck a box and when i go onto the internet?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much that worked perfectly! Does anyone know how to get rid of that talk back feature? It only happens when i check or uncheck a box and when i go onto the internet?

Check your Accessibilty settings. Do you have Talkback turned on? if so turn it off. Myself, my Pebble watch requires a setting in accessiblity settings that even with Talkback turned off it causes the same issue as you are having. Very annoying. Its a known Sammy bug.

y00na

May 21, 2013
Visit site
i like the S4.. coming from iphone 4s, there sure is a learning curve... one of the issues I'm having is, my S4 can't seem to find bluetooth devices. I have set it up to be visible and when I scan, it can't find my Plantronics BT headset and Motorola BT car speaker... am I missing something?

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I have also found there are too many redundancy"s . i can watch my videos on my sd card from 3 different apps that came with phone

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I love it but theres 2 little issues i have. First theres no continuous scrolling through the home pages and such. And i can't seem to swipe right or left on a contact to call or message. Any ideas besides installing another launcher. My PimlicalA calendar wasn't working properly either. It kept freezing my screen and wouldn't let me select options in the calendar. It almost made the screen unusable in certain parts so i deleted it and installed Jorte. I almost made me think i had a faulty screen that didn't recognize touches or unresponsive to touches in certain areas of the screen. but it was only in the PimlicalA app. Shame too i like that app

Funny the continuous scrolling drove me nuts on earlier versions of Android. I would always overshoot the page i wanted.

Tommy Bayshore

May 23, 2013
Visit site
i came from a note 2, i guess i like it a little better because its a tad bit smaller, but most of the new features i would never use, actually they are just annoying, like the air hover, when im scrolling through pics it pops up every pic which is annoying, the eye following feature is just dumb, you basically have to move your head up and down to scroll, easier to just touch the screen. seems a little slower than my note 2 also, this one seems to lag a big while typing and clicking on texts, the battery is so so also, not near as good as the note 2, i guess ill get used to it but i was expecting to be blown away. oh, i forgot, the phone seems to ring often but no one is actually calling, just a black screen, i can log into the phone when it rings but no way to answer, sometimes it does that, sometimes it doesnt... :)

runner1012

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I got mine today. I love it so far but its a little overwhelming (coming from an iPhone 4, had a Droid before the iPhone) at first. I'm doing a little customizing today but will probably wait until the weekend to customize it fully. It's certainly a change but I'm happy with it. I love how light it feels compared to my old phone and the screen is beautiful.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So now that Verizon has the S4 I was thinking of getting one instead of waiting for the vaporware HTC One (though I prefer the One with the exception of the camera and a few other personal preferences). I've never had so much trouble buying a new phone as I have this go-round. I'm going to pay retail to keep my unlimited data and the $650 for the S4 is reasonable.

My problem now is, having not owned a Samsung before, all these posts about crappy Samsung radios which is causing me, once again, to take a step back and reconsider shelling out a goodly chunk of change for an S4 and continue to wait for a new HTC variant of the One to show up. Of all the things I was able to test in a side by side comparison of the One and S4 (AT&T versions) at Best Buy one long afternoon, the radios were not really something I could compare accurately inside the store.

I'm going to be keeping whatever I buy for at least 2 years and I have been trying to convince myself I could learn to love the S4 but if connectivity becomes an issue then that really is a deal breaker for me. (No I don't have a D-Link router, I'm talking about radio signal for both LTE and wifi in general).

I'm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. So S4 users, convince me I'm not going to hate this phone because of failed connections or dropouts.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So now that Verizon has the S4 I was thinking of getting one instead of waiting for the vaporware HTC One (though I prefer the One with the exception of the camera and a few other personal preferences). I've never had so much trouble buying a new phone as I have this go-round. I'm going to pay retail to keep my unlimited data and the $650 for the S4 is reasonable.

My problem now is, having not owned a Samsung before, all these posts about crappy Samsung radios which is causing me, once again, to take a step back and reconsider shelling out a goodly chunk of change for an S4 and continue to wait for a new HTC variant of the One to show up. Of all the things I was able to test in a side by side comparison of the One and S4 (AT&T versions) at Best Buy one long afternoon, the radios were not really something I could compare accurately inside the store.

I'm going to be keeping whatever I buy for at least 2 years and I have been trying to convince myself I could learn to love the S4 but if connectivity becomes an issue then that really is a deal breaker for me. (No I don't have a D-Link router, I'm talking about radio signal for both LTE and wifi in general).

I'm in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. So S4 users, convince me I'm not going to hate this phone because of failed connections or dropouts.

You always have 14 days to test it out so if you got it you could see how the signal is in your area. I never had any issues with my s3 and radio signal( it actually matched my razr maxx) but it is hard to say how it will perform for you depending on how the signal is in your area. Best idea would be to try it out for the 14 days and see if the signal is bad then return it and you are no worse off than you currently are.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I do have one issue/bug i found...my notification/ring tone for my text messages go silent sometimes (vibration still works though) and only a reboot fixes it. It only happens to my texts. I've done a factory reset but it still happens. Hopefully a software update fixes this.

dmaynard83

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Been enjoying my s4 very much.

One thing I do notice is that they removed the optical reader (ocr) from the apps

Not happy with our provider removing features from the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Love the phone no real complaints just niggles.

Like why can't the led notification light work when the screen is on?

Or why does it seem like I have very few case choices if I want to protect the protruding camera and still not have the speaker muffled by the case when setting it down flat on a table?

Or why isn't walking mate calibrated to work if I have the phone in my front pocket? It only works if in my shirt pocket, in my hands of on a belt.

Or why can't I choose Google now to be the double click home function if I don't like s Voice?

Just little things. No phone will ever be perfect for everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

mattskent

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You always have 14 days to test it out so if you got it you could see how the signal is in your area. I never had any issues with my s3 and radio signal( it actually matched my razr maxx) but it is hard to say how it will perform for you depending on how the signal is in your area. Best idea would be to try it out for the 14 days and see if the signal is bad then return it and you are no worse off than you currently are.

Good point. My area works flawlessly for almost any carrier. The DFW metroplex is a hotbed for delivering the highest possible technology not only for cellular but also other things like internet and HDTV. The problems arise when you venture out into the wild, wild west of the massiveness that is the state of TX and rely on Google Nav/Maps to get you there and trying to get a phone or internet connection out in the hinterlands.

The unlimited data is only one reason I'm clinging to Verizon even as they pry every last dollar they can from my wallet. I've made it a personal mission to explore all of TX and, so far, have been gobsmacked to find myself in places so remote the locals have to take a bus to town to hunt and yet I can still use CGeo on Verizon to find a geo-cache! Of course this means I want the phone with the best 3G/LTE/wifi radios and they don't have a problem with switching between them.

Just a quick edit, I currently have the much maligned HTC Thunderbolt and, in the beginning, the radios sucked. Then we got updates, way too long IMHO, that made the reception much better. The recent ICS update has made radio reception better still but at the expense of other functions. The hardware just isn't up to the task of the new OS as far as I'm concerned. Having said that, based on the new phones available on Verizon, I'm still in no hurry to switch no matter how slow or outdated the TBolt may be.

Last edited:

runner1012

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I do have one issue/bug i found...my notification/ring tone for my text messages go silent sometimes (vibration still works though) and only a reboot fixes it. It only happens to my texts. I've done a factory reset but it still happens. Hopefully a software update fixes this.

Mine did that too! Turning off and turning the phone back on seems to have fixed it.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
My bad, should have clarified. I went off on another tangent about the mobile signal strength. It's pretty weak compared to iphone (work line) and DNA.

Im on att find the signal strength stronger then on my iPhone 5 in my house on my iPhone 5 I get 2 bars 3g no lte signal with the s4 I get 3 bars and lte all areas in the house