New to Verizon

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I previously had a GS4 on Sprint and I had unlimited data. Now that I don't anymore, I want to use wifi whenever possible. I noticed however that the "4G LTE" symbol at the top doesn't go away when I'm using wifi. Sometimes I see the arrows under it flash green and orange which tells me data is being used. Isn't mobile network supposed to shut off when wifi is turned on?

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I previously had a GS4 on Sprint and I had unlimited data. Now that I don't anymore, I want to use wifi whenever possible. I noticed however that the "4G LTE" symbol at the top doesn't go away when I'm using wifi. Sometimes I see the arrows under it flash green and orange which tells me data is being used. Isn't mobile network supposed to shut off when wifi is turned on?

Posted via Android Central App

Some information still goes through the LTE/CDMA network, such as MMS. You can use power toggles to turn off mobile data while you're on wifi to prevent mobile data usage.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
There is an app on the verizon galaxy s4 called caller name id. It needs data for it to work. All you have to do is go into settings applications and find it in all applications and disable it and when your on wifi the data symbol will go away and the only time it will come back is when you recieve an mms cause you need data to send and recieve them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty