Verizon's Coverage Map... accurate?

glenn9643

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm in central Mississippi, zip 39654. Verizon's coverage map indicates good coverage in the area. Anyone have any input on the accuracy of the maps? I know I can return the phone if it won't work for me, but I hate to go through the hassle... Thanks.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm in central Mississippi, zip 39654. Verizon's coverage map indicates good coverage in the area. Anyone have any input on the accuracy of the maps? I know I can return the phone if it won't work for me, but I hate to go through the hassle... Thanks.

If you're using the "enter your zip code" part of the map, I find it fairly reliable. If you're just looking at the national map, I'm not sure how often that is updated.

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Can't speak completely for central MS, I'm in the northeast corner, but when I've traveled through the area I've never had any issues.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

I travel through MS once in a while. I have used my old Droid Incredible 2 and my GS3. First, it depends if you are looking at calling vs. 3G /4G LTE. Basically I find tons of dead zones traveling along the highways. I could be in Jackson and have full 4G and 5 call bars and turn the corner and not get any data signal nor phone signal. Looking at AT&T maps I see less coverage than VZW.

To be truthful you need to ask neighbors and people you see in Starbucks about their experiences with their phones.

Let us know ow what you find out.

Posted via the new and improved Android Central App

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I found the map not accurate. It shows I have full strength lte and I'm lucky to have 3g.

______
Sent from my mobile device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress