Note 3 N900T on Verizon?

E Murray

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, please excuse my carrier noobness in this instance.

I own a fully unlocked (SIM, Region) N900t (Tmobile) but sold without any T-Mobile branding. It's capable of using all carrier bands, frequencies, VoLTE, etc.

I wonder if I could bring this phone to Verizon? Using the IMEI tool on the Verizon site, they claim I cannot but that doesn't make any sense to me, since it has all the hardware to work with Verizon. I assume it would need to be flashed with a Verizon modem, but that can be done without too much drama...

Any input or suggestions? (Outside of buying a Verizon Note 3) :)

If anyone would like to fully explain the breakdown in tech between the carriers, please feel free.

Thanks very much

qbot101

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Verizon voice calls are placed via the CDMA (1x) network. The T-Mobile (and other GSM only) variants do not have the CDMA required to work on the Verizon network.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
As said above, the tmobile Note 3 doesn't have CDMA radios

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

E Murray

May 9, 2014
Visit site
OK, maybe I misread the specs. Just to clarify, its not a T-Mobile branded phone. Its a different build completely. It just happens to be the same model that T-Mobile uses. Don't know if that matters. Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at the spec list now and it specifies CDMA... Weird.
Thanks again

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
OK, maybe I misread the specs. Just to clarify, its not a T-Mobile branded phone. Its a different build completely. It just happens to be the same model that T-Mobile uses. Don't know if that matters. Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at the spec list now and it specifies CDMA... Weird.
Thanks again
Verizon won't activate it without the imei being in its database, even if the hardware supports it.

Also interested in which Note 3 variant you have that supports all the bands from all the carriers. Any details on your phone?

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Verizon won't activate it without the imei being in its database, even if the hardware supports it.

Also interested in which Note 3 variant you have that supports all the bands from all the carriers. Any details on your phone?

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3
Hopefully when VoLTE is fully implemented that will change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa