trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What brings people to Verizon and keeps them with Verizon? There are cheaper options, and service is getting to be good for others also, the Verizon has better service is getting to be less and less. If service is the reason, what are the other reasons keeping you with Verizon?

thoughtjunky

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
I like not having dropped calls when I'm on the road in the middle of nowhere. Sure other carriers have equivalent service in cities, but the real value Verizon has for me is getting service where no one else does. Carrier choice really boils down to where you live and what your wants and needs are, I'm sure there's places where other carries have better reach than Verizon, but not near me.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As a trucker, coverage is top priority, and Verizon is still the top dog in that department. Plus, they are the best value for me. I've tried comparing plans and phone prices, and everyone else is more expensive.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Coverage, unlimited, and cheap. My line is between 31-33 bucks a month. That's cheap for unlimited and also lots of coverage in my opinion.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
VZW has the best coverage. And to save a few bucks and go to another carrier isn't worth it for me.

Just because other carriers claims to have similar coverage to VZW doesn't mean much. I have ATT work phone and I have had more dropped calls in the first year ive had it then VZW in triple that time. And I go into certain buildings and ATT has no service meanwhile my VZW is watching YouTube videos.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I know the coverage is the best for my area and most reliable. If it's one thing I hate it's losing coverage in the back country and Verizon has me almost always covered in that regard. And at $55/mo(5GB)I believe it is the best deal. It has not ever let me down and I've tried them all at some time or another. So, a no-brainer in my situation and IMO.

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
coverage and customer service. I tried being frugal and went through sprint... that was awful. I refuse to try tmobile after my friends issues, so I went crawling back to VZW. I will pay to be able to use my phone... in my home.

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I recently left TMobile and got Verizon. the biggest factor was price. for me Verizon was cheaper.
now that I'm on Verizon I can also see how much more reliable they are. i have a Verizon phone that I used on TMobile and I was beginning to think something was wrong with the phone. with T-Mobile I would have data outages that lasted a few days, texts that went out for hours at a time (both sending and receiving issues). TMobile coverage was good and I was overall happy but coming back to Verizon I really realized the network issues I was having with T-Mobile.

with a Verizon sim the phone works fine. with an att gophone sim, the phone works fine. with a TMobile sim it had issues and that was with full coverage band 4. even with the band 12 phone the issues were there. I think congestion was a big factor.

what I've learned
1)if you want rural coverage either Verizon or at&t is your best bet

2)TMobile with having just one postpaid plan choice felt restrictive
3)for me both Verizon and at&t were cheaper unless I needed tons of data.

it's not a knock to T-Mobile since I was pretty happy most of the time especially with coverage but I see now how much more reliable at&t and Verizon are on a daily basis.

to sum it up. why Verizon? cheaper and more reliable. cheaper is what really got me to make a move so the reliability is a nice plus.

just this morning a friend called me on his home phone since his TMobile line is out. not sure why TMobile is having so many issues lately but even Verizon outages seem to be fixed fast

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
As a trucker, coverage is top priority, and Verizon is still the top dog in that department. Plus, they are the best value for me. I've tried comparing plans and phone prices, and everyone else is more expensive.
I obviously am a trucker also, and having coverage in the rural areas is a must, I will say Verizon seems relatively good at that. I think Verizon aces this because they don't get crazy about roaming, which isn't as much now days. They just make it so your phone works, others get restrictive and put limits or don't allow it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I hear so much about cricket wireless. Just thought maybe coverage wasn't as much of an issue as before.

Anything else besides. Coverage, I think their customer service is good, there are issues, but if you push back hard enough you usually get then care of for reasonable issues, getting $500 of overages taken off isn't resonable unless it's obviously their fault which usually isn't.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Coverage where I live and travel for work. I occasionally see some coverage issues, but I also test drove AT&T on GoPhone for a couple of years. In cities there are places where one might be better, and HSPA is better than EvDO. The "but" is coverage off the interstate and outside cities.
And the worst customer service I have had on Verizon has been mediocre. Mostly it's good and they have treated me right.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Must be a grandfather plan
Nope. New unlimited plan :). I had T-Mobile before and didn't have Verizon before unlimited. I swapped to the new unlimited plan.. I have 9 lines with family and friends (I own the account) so we all split the bill so my line is only between 31 and $33. I also work for the military I have of the military discount as well.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Coverage. That's it. I'm sure there are places in the country where the cheaper services work well and maybe you don't travel much and happen to get good service with a cheaper option. I use my phone for business and personal. I can't have dropped or missed calls. I have been with Verizon for years and they have never let me down. I would switch in a minute if someone else offered the same quality in such a large area for less money.

anon(9898026)

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm still shocked that I could pay less on both Verizon and att when compared to that of tmobile.

I'm paying less on Verizon and getting more coverage. both att and Verizon allow my work discount on their tiered plans but when I had tmobile I didn't on their one plan. cheaper bill and more coverage was hard to pass up. T-Mobile might have made more sense if I used more data

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I recently left TMobile and got Verizon. the biggest factor was price. for me Verizon was cheaper.
now that I'm on Verizon I can also see how much more reliable they are. i have a Verizon phone that I used on TMobile and I was beginning to think something was wrong with the phone. with T-Mobile I would have data outages that lasted a few days, texts that went out for hours at a time (both sending and receiving issues). TMobile coverage was good and I was overall happy but coming back to Verizon I really realized the network issues I was having with T-Mobile.

with a Verizon sim the phone works fine. with an att gophone sim, the phone works fine. with a TMobile sim it had issues and that was with full coverage band 4. even with the band 12 phone the issues were there. I think congestion was a big factor.

what I've learned
1)if you want rural coverage either Verizon or at&t is your best bet

2)TMobile with having just one postpaid plan choice felt restrictive
3)for me both Verizon and at&t were cheaper unless I needed tons of data.

it's not a knock to T-Mobile since I was pretty happy most of the time especially with coverage but I see now how much more reliable at&t and Verizon are on a daily basis.

to sum it up. why Verizon? cheaper and more reliable. cheaper is what really got me to make a move so the reliability is a nice plus.

just this morning a friend called me on his home phone since his TMobile line is out. not sure why TMobile is having so many issues lately but even Verizon outages seem to be fixed fast
I remember not so long ago people were always complaining about how expensive Verizon was over the others.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Nope. New unlimited plan :). I had T-Mobile before and didn't have Verizon before unlimited. I swapped to the new unlimited plan.. I have 9 lines with family and friends (I own the account) so we all split the bill so my line is only between 31 and $33. I also work for the military I have of the military discount as well.
Ah. That's why so cheap.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I dropped our legacy unlimited data for the new unlimited plans saved $115 month and haven't looked back. This month with 8 lines we are around 140 gigs data used and still have 5 days to go. I know for some 140 gigs is only a days worth of data, but we don't live on our phones, LOL. Just saying unless your a data hog, don't be worried about the new unlimited plans, save money if you can. I would be more worried about losing the legacy plans, specially if your a data hog on them.