Had problems changing numbers from boost to virgin?

mrkilljoy

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
If this is the wrong forum to get a good answer, would a mod please change it to a better one. I just bought an htc evo v for virgin mobile. I currently am on boost and would like to keep my phone number. I have seen a post where people said they had a problem changing from one virgin phone to another virgin phone while keeping the same number. I saw that the problem was "solved" by turning off both phones until you get the email conformation from virgin. When I bought the phone, the guy at Best Buy said that my phone number would be in "limbo" between the two phones for " a few days" once I activated it because both companies are owned by sprint. SOOooo Anyway, has anyone changed from boost to virgin while keeping the same number and had any problems doing so. Does anyone have an idea of the best course of action to not have problems changing carriers with the least time delay? Thanks

mrkilljoy

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry... i see that i should probably posted this on the evo v virgin thread, could a mod please move it there or to the best place they think is possible. Thank you and sorry... im a noob here,

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
If this is the wrong forum to get a good answer, would a mod please change it to a better one. I just bought an htc evo v for virgin mobile. I currently am on boost and would like to keep my phone number. I have seen a post where people said they had a problem changing from one virgin phone to another virgin phone while keeping the same number. I saw that the problem was "solved" by turning off both phones until you get the email conformation from virgin. When I bought the phone, the guy at Best Buy said that my phone number would be in "limbo" between the two phones for " a few days" once I activated it because both companies are owned by sprint. SOOooo Anyway, has anyone changed from boost to virgin while keeping the same number and had any problems doing so. Does anyone have an idea of the best course of action to not have problems changing carriers with the least time delay? Thanks

I swapped my number from boost awhile ago, it took a day or two. Just call virgin up and tell them you want to swap to virgin while keeping your number.

The one thing you will need is an account number that you can only get from boost by calling them.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

mrkilljoy

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
YAY... Someone answered one of my questions!! :) The first of the many hundred that I will be asking when I attempt to root this thing. LOL/...j/k...I HOPE. Annnnyway.... I couldn't stand being in "limbo" for a few days so I just decided to sign up with Virgin and Transfer My old number to my fiance so she could have a super low priced bill. Im happy so far. Only one complaint which I will start a new thread on// and see if anyone answers ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress