Adobe Flash Player?

dubbajohnny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone, I've recently fully rooted my LG Optimus Slider.. Now that is out of the way, I need to get Adobe Flashplayer on my phone.

I've read every post on THIS thread and have spent about two hours scanning the internet for a possible workaround for it "not being compatible with my device".. I've downloaded and installed 5 different cracked flash player versions and non of them have worked.. I'm not sure what roms are/how to change them or anything of the sort to be honest..
So I believe my rom is the default one that comes with the phone. I know my way around my phone, just have never dabbled into rom alteration.

edit:Installed Area51 rom along with GingerKernal and now have working flash. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
You can't get flash working on a stock rooted rom... you need to install a custom recovery and flash the gingerkernel to get flash working. Flash requires that you have adb root (on the Optimus Q and I'm sure the same is true of the slider). FLash a custom recovery and put the gingerkernel on and you'll have working flash.

Reactions: dubbajohnny

dubbajohnny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
You can't get flash working on a stock rooted rom... you need to install a custom recovery and flash the gingerkernel to get flash working. Flash requires that you have adb root (on the Optimus Q and I'm sure the same is true of the slider). FLash a custom recovery and put the gingerkernel on and you'll have working flash.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm decent when it comes to following instructions, but you're telling me to do things I have no idea about. I rooted my phone today & now dabbling into these things, so please bare with me..
I've reviewed a GingerKernal thread and the instructions provided are not noob friendly. (along with other threads I've looked at..) They are reaching out to android-savvy people.. Which is fine and all, but it just doesn't help me.

---

Is installing a custom recovery is the same as installing a custom rom? (are they the same thing?)
Also, what is flashing?

-If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate it if you could dumb-down your instructions for me or if you could provide a link to a guide that tells me how to do these things in a noob friendly manner would be even more beneficial to my snafu.

Again, thank you.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't really explain it all to u until tomorrow. The sticky at the top of this section (custom recovery) will walk u through installing a custom recovery. Recovery allows u to flash (install) custom/the stock rom and make full back ups. Its like booting into a second operating system that allows u to backup ur phone entirely and flash (again flash is just installing a rom/something from recovery) roms and themes and other things. Ill walk u through it tomorrow if no one else chimes in.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk

dubbajohnny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I can't really explain it all to u until tomorrow. The sticky at the top of this section (custom recovery) will walk u through installing a custom recovery. Recovery allows u to flash (install) custom/the stock rom and make full back ups. Its like booting into a second operating system that allows u to backup ur phone entirely and flash (again flash is just installing a rom/something from recovery) roms and themes and other things. Ill walk u through it tomorrow if no one else chimes in.

Thank you! The word usage is what threw me off. I think I'll be able to add gingerkernal now that I know what flash/custom recovery etc is. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit:

On THIS thread in the instructions it says "1) On your computer, download Flash_Image.zip.
2) On your computer, Download VM701_recovery.img" now would I have to do those files, along with the other steps before I even attempt put gingerkernal on?

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! The word usage is what threw me off. I think I'll be able to add gingerkernal now that I know what flash/custom recovery etc is. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit:

On THIS thread in the instructions it says "1) On your computer, download Flash_Image.zip.
2) On your computer, Download VM701_recovery.img" now would I have to do those files, along with the other steps before I even attempt put gingerkernal on?

Keep reading the instructions they walk you through it. Unzip the .zip file and do what it says in that... you'll also need to get terminal emulator from the android market to install it. Just follow those instructions and you'll be fine.

dubbajohnny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Keep reading the instructions they walk you through it. Unzip the .zip file and do what it says in that... you'll also need to get terminal emulator from the android market to install it. Just follow those instructions and you'll be fine.

I followed the instructions to the end and it just leaves me in recovery mode at the end. (so I did a back up seeing as I don't know what else to do.. lol)
The gingerkernal thread tells me to install it as I would a rom and I'm not sure what to do there.

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I followed the instructions to the end and it just leaves me in recovery mode at the end. (so I did a back up seeing as I don't know what else to do.. lol)
The gingerkernal thread tells me to install it as I would a rom and I'm not sure what to do there.

When it booted did you see clockworkmod recovery? If so you did it right and all is good. You just need to get the gingerkernel.zip and put it on the root of your sdcard. Boot into recovery (turn the phone off and then hold the home button, the volume down button, and FINALLY the power button (HOLD ALL 3 at the SAME time) until it boots back into that recovery). Wipe cache, then go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache, then hit the back button (u use camera button to select an item) and go to install .zip from sdcard. Find the gingerkernel .zip, and highlight it by using the volume rocker to highlight it...then use the camera button to select. sorry its so jumbled but im in a hurry.. good luck! Reboot the phone afterwards. lol

dubbajohnny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
When it booted did you see clockworkmod recovery? If so you did it right and all is good. You just need to get the gingerkernel.zip and put it on the root of your sdcard. Boot into recovery (turn the phone off and then hold the home button, the volume down button, and FINALLY the power button (HOLD ALL 3 at the SAME time) until it boots back into that recovery). Wipe cache, then go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache, then hit the back button (u use camera button to select an item) and go to install .zip from sdcard. Find the gingerkernel .zip, and highlight it by using the volume rocker to highlight it...then use the camera button to select. sorry its so jumbled but im in a hurry.. good luck! Reboot the phone afterwards. lol

I'm imagining that "CWM-based recovery v5.0.2.7" is ClockWorkMod-based recovery. I'll give the gingerkernel a shot in a moment.
Also, your instructions are fine. I'm good at following them, as long as I understand it. :p (and I understand what you're saying.)

Thanks a bunch bro. I'll let you know how it goes.

edit: Ok, all went well. Phone took twice as long to boot up so I know some changes went down. Now what am I looking at here, everything looks the same. Is there a method I can confirm it worked? edit: I checked the kernel version in my "about phone" section and it does indeed say GingerKernel.
I'm gonna install flash player and see how that goes as well.

---
http://forums.androidcentral.com/vi...r/159843-working-flash-q-probably-slider.html did not work. I installed the apk, turned off and on my phone and still wont work. I have a few other versions of flash player, so I will give those a shot as well.

edit: Also, my browser does indeed support plugins and whatnot. I have it set to automatically allow them and I'm still not able to view flashplayer applications.
Tried about four different ones not including the one in your thread. Still can't get it to work. Found one that works for ARMv6 processor that other said to be working even without having root and it still has not worked.

Browser is Dolphin Browser HD.

Last edited:

jcole20

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Cool cool no problem. Flash requires adb shell root access to work. I assumed the gingerkernel granted adb root... obviously my assumption was wrong. :/ glad ur up and running though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699