When is the ov due for Ginger

Franzferdinan51

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Okay so last time I checked this issue they said spring 2011 now its fall and still no GB love what's going on?
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay so last time I checked this issue they said spring 2011 now its fall and still no GB love what's going on?
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

I read a while back that VM has no intention to release a gingerbread update for OV. Unfortunately, I don't have a link for that announcement, or I'd post it.

~Azrael's Kiss~

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
the OV you have in your pocket will NOT get it.

Virgin Mobile doesnt have a infrastructure to update their android phones. and i know they will never send an update over 3G. and it'd be ridiculous to require a wifi connection to get it. obvious choice is to not update it.

like leslieann said, if they update it, it will be put on during manufacturing and only new phones in stores will have it. you wont be able to update to it. and even then, it will be filled with useless apps and not rooted and cant be overclocked.

install a new I.H.O. rom, its Gingerbread, built for our OV, and synced with cyanogen 7.

when you load it for the first time, you sign into google account like a new phone from the store, and it is fully stock gingerbread, the visuals, the UI, everything. no weird custom stuff unless you put it on yourself.

however, you will find that in the options and menus will be stuff you can never, ever get on a stock ROM,

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
the OV you have in your pocket will NOT get it.

Virgin Mobile doesnt have a infrastructure to update their android phones. and i know they will never send an update over 3G. and it'd be ridiculous to require a wifi connection to get it. obvious choice is to not update it.
They have the infrastructure, and the ability, they did update the Intercept.

For some reason they locked that function out or someone goofed and forgot how to do it for the OV. Regardless the OV appears to be incapable of an OTA update.

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
They can make an update zip just like the several other phones get its the same process we use to flash a ROM . They want you to buy a new phone