CyanogenMod7 questions

philetus

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android and I used sublimewulf's tutorial to root my Optimus v. Worked well.
Now I'm looking at CyanogenMod7 and have some questions.
I can usually figure out most things, but sometimes I need a little help and I appreciate when someone takes the time to help.

Will "recovery-Thunderc-v-1.2.0GNM" work ok or do I need ClockworkMod?
Will I have to flash each new daily or does it update?
I am running Stock Rom Rooted and De Odexed minus Bloat
so do I need to use "update from previous Backside-IHO build" or
"installing from another ROM?

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android and I used sublimewulf's tutorial to root my Optimus v. Worked well.
Now I'm looking at CyanogenMod7 and have some questions.
I can usually figure out most things, but sometimes I need a little help and I appreciate when someone takes the time to help.

Will "recovery-Thunderc-v-1.2.0GNM" work ok or do I need ClockworkMod?
Will I have to flash each new daily or does it update?
I am running Stock Rom Rooted and De Odexed minus Bloat
so do I need to use "update from previous Backside-IHO build" or
"installing from another ROM?

I think you will need to install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod so you can backup stuff and wipe data from within recovery. Be aware that if you have a newer OV, you may get a black screen when installing certain recoveries. If you do have a newer OV, search for a thread about fixing newer OV black screen.

Jerry is working on an update app for backside/IHO. Right now if you want to install an update, you will have to flash it in the recovery.

If you are installing IHO for the first time you will need to follow the directions for installing from another ROM.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you have a newer Optimus V, purchased within the past couple of months, ONLY use the recovery directly under the Optimus V ROMS listed on the page posted above by AndieOpie.

Newer Optimus V models have a different screen driver, and will only work with recoveries built specifically for them.

philetus

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I think you will need to install a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod so you can backup stuff and wipe data from within recovery. Be aware that if you have a newer OV, you may get a black screen when installing certain recoveries. If you do have a newer OV, search for a thread about fixing newer OV black screen.

I installed recovery 4.0.1.4.3 and it boots into it, but any item I select gives me the circle with a hat screen only.Should I remove the other recovery from my sdcard and do I just delete it from sdcard?

philetus

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have Zefie's CM7 up and running.
Earlier conversation with my wife:
Her:did you loose everything?
me: no
her: suuurrrre
me: I didn't lose anything
her: hahahaaha

Thanks for the help

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have Zefie's CM7 up and running.
Earlier conversation with my wife:
Her:did you loose everything?
me: no
her: suuurrrre
me: I didn't lose anything
her: hahahaaha

Thanks for the help

Just FYI- Zefie's CM7 has not been supported for about 6 months. There are lots of bugs that have been fixed, new features introduced, and code fixes that make your phone perform better in newer releses. Try BobZhome's, mrg666's, or BACKside-IHO for the most recent version of CM7 with a better kernel and lots of other tweaks. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress