Phone won't charge?

Simply_Dreaming

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
My phone won't hold a charge unless it's in a certain position (on a flat surface with the charger cord wrapped around the right side of the phone with pressure), I'm assuming I need a new charging port. Does anybody know how much it would cost to get this repaired?
FWIW: I'm using my old Blackberry charger since I don't have any other chargers right now, but I just tried charging my BB with it as well and same thing happened-no charge.

chellebelle

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...def need a new charger...I've had this happen many times, and more recently it's only been a couple weeks before brand new chargers do this. Any ideas on how to make my cords last longer?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Simply_Dreaming

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the answers everyone :) I just looked closer and noticed that on the part where the cord meets the mini USB, the plastic coating is ripped and the wire is getting really thin.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Same happened with two of mine, but I'm not exactly gentle with them, lol

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
If you're under warranty Virgin Mobile is pretty good about replacing it, just gotta deal with their phone tree. I'd get a new cord and make sure that it's the socket, not the cord.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress