New phone...transfer stuff to it.

Hatninja

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok I started a thread about the ear speaker in my lg Vm670. Well Virgin sent me a replacement Vm670. My question now is what is the best way to transfer as much as possible to the replacement phone? Will I be able to transfer settings and ringtones? I am sure there is a thread out there for this but I cant seem to find one. Thanks.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I started a thread about the ear speaker in my lg Vm670. Well Virgin sent me a replacement Vm670. My question now is what is the best way to transfer as much as possible to the replacement phone? Will I be able to transfer settings and ringtones? I am sure there is a thread out there for this but I cant seem to find one. Thanks.

If you are rooted, you can make a backup in recovery, transfer it to your computer and then transfer it to clockwork/backup on your new phone and run restore from recovery

sent from my Nokia 5110

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

ringtones if stored on sdcard will work fine after moving sd to new phone. apps can be backed up first to sd using app backup and restore,then move sd to new device,download app backup/restore from market and reinstall the backups. as for general settings,never have looked into that. there may be a few apps to save general settings. google has something similar but im not positive its for general phone settings or play store settings.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Android Central Forums

Hatninja

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
If you are rooted, you can make a backup in recovery, transfer it to your computer and then transfer it to clockwork/backup on your new phone and run restore from recovery

sent from my Nokia 5110

I am not rooted I am stock. Is there any disadvantages to not being rooted before I do this. I am a NOOB.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I just need the quick and dirty of how to do this...I dont even know how to transfer to my sd card. Thanks.
Unless you're using an extended partition you should be able to put the Sd in a computer make a 1:1 copy of it and then simply copy it back to new SD.

You should be able to plug the device in via the USB cord to the computer and do this no problems unless it was rooted in which case you'll need the drivers.

Sent via AC on my OV w/ Harmonia2 :)

Hatninja

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I am not using a new sd card. I need to know how to get everything from the phone to the sd card so I can put the card into the new phone. The manual is vague.

Hatninja

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am learning crash and burn style. I have the new phone up and running. I am having problems with my contacts. only 2 out of about 100 are showing up.I can get back into my old phone and view everything. Now dont ask why but there are 2 accounts showing up my gmail and my youtube accounts. Whenever I did anything on this old phone I just choose ok and didnt pay attention to which account it used because I was under the impression that everything was stored on the phone. Well apparently only 2 contacts are linked to my gmail which I have synced successfully. I am trying to sync my youtube account and it has been in sync mode for over an hour now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699