How can I use hotspot while keeping wifi on?

mateijan

Jan 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I see that similar questions have been posted but I can't find an answer that solves my problem. I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. When I switch hotspot on, it automatically disconnects itself from the wifi network. Now, I have read that you need to disable 'fast boot' but my phone doesn't have this feature. Hotspot is set to never switch off automatically in the settings. I have cleared all cache data. I don't think it is an issue of interference with other apps, because I haven't installed any and when I boot the phone in safe mode the problem is still there. I don't really want to do a factory reset and wipe all data out. Does anyone know what else can be done? Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
WiFi sharing (or repeater mode) is only supported in a very limited number of phones (like Samsung's flagships). If your phone doesn't support it (in your case, it doesn't), hotspot disconnects from the WiFi network because it uses the WiFi hardware to broadcast and share your mobile data connection and cannot be used for connecting to WiFi.