got lollipop on att htc-one-m8. Now my native messages app crashes with every sent text

bb_ghost

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
This was the first known crash for me. I think my camera crashed once too ugh. It sucks because I've noticed a huge difference in battery life (improved for me at least), but not for the sacrifice of apps beginning to crash! I use swift key for my keyboard, maybe it needs another update? Anyways, count me in.😡

CHERRYxMUSTANG

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Since the update my native messaging has been extremely laggy when trying to type faster than a character per every two seconds, so laggy that it crashes. If I'm typing and receive a text, it crashes. If I attempt to add a picture, crash. If I so much as sneeze while on the browser the messaging app crashes... Lol. All that plus when I go to look at messages it actually shows me a loading screen to load the messages. Lollipop is nice but when a third party texting app works better than the native app, it really grinds my gears. :p hopefully a fix is found soon!

Posted via the Android Central App

divamum

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Same problem, and it's making the phone near-unusuable. Between that and them taking away the "do not disturb" feature and no longer getting the weather clock on my lock screen - oh, and the terrible battery life that has begun - I'm hating Lollipop and consdiering trying to roll it back. Very.Not.Impressed.

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hello I have exacly the same problem on my Galaxy S4
So it seems to be a major native BUG in Lollipop

I have a turn-around using Hangout but this is not really a solution

Google stills need to learn from Microsoft and Apple about OS

I'm waiting for the next update if I do not change my phone before !

mrb0bharris

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
If you go into the settings menu within the Messages application, you can change the number of texts retained for each conversation within the 'General' option. I believe the default is 200 texts and some amount of media messages. Regardless, I went with the default 200 as I don't see much use in storing my text indefinitely, restarted the phone and things seem to be functioning well without lag now. I imagine it had to be created by the large history of text if it's similar to what I experienced.

Also, it was cool to find you can switch the themes or use a background image for your text window in that settings menu.

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
General message issue with Lollipop

Thanks for your reply
There is no "General Settings" under message App in Lollipop
However I go tho the "Delete Old Message Settings" and set the text message limit to 1100 (it was 1000)
But it doesn't change anything .....

Photoguy505

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: General message issue with Lollipop

I got the 5.0 and then very shortly thereafter, the 5.1 update on my Droid Turbo and after 5.1, every time I try to send a text the app crashes. I guess, reading this, I'm not the only one. I've started using the Verizon messaging app until there's a fix. I test it about once a week, so far it's still messed up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty