New RAZR HD & Jelly Bean

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Sup Nation!

I just bought a RAZR HD and love it! Was excited because the Jelly Bean update was pending and couldn't wait to get it loaded. After I was up to date I then realized..... I need root in order to Tether. WTH:confused:. I've rooted all my previous devices but don't know how long it will be before there will be a method for Jelly Bean to be rooted on the HD. I really don't want to go back to ICS then root just to have to go through it all again. Any suggestions or am I stuck waiting for a new root method?! Your thoughts are much appreciated.:D

Regards,

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you are on VZW's new Shared Data plans, you don't need root to tether any more. They no longer charge you fees to tether, just so long as you are within your data plan. To them, data is data now.

phinik

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, with unlimited plan. I should have known better than to update, but just wasn't thinking! Need a root method for JB, or a safe way to get back to ICS so I can root.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, with unlimited plan. I should have known better than to update, but just wasn't thinking! Need a root method for JB, or a safe way to get back to ICS so I can root.

Search Rootzwiki for RAZR HD as well as this forum for the stickies on root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I have ways of keeping my unlimited plan. There is no way I'm losing that gem. I only root to get the hotspot capabilities.... I used 16GB in Sept and on average I use 7GB a month. I can't go to a shared data plan without going bankrupt.