Battery apps don't work on Kit Kat, N5

justlaxin13

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
So just putting out there that both BetterBatteryStats and Gsam Battery Monitor don't work on the/my N5. Assume this is a widespread/known thing but was just wondering if they is just a "chalk it up to Kit Kat compatibility" thing. I can be a tad obsessive with battery life and trying to figure out if/why I'm losing it for no reason so both those apps are quite handy.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Wakelock Detector's Facebook page states:

So Finally Google completely restricted access for Battery statistics starting from 4.4 KitKat.

Many battery saving apps are going to suffer from this.

Not only developers, Also users will have No Freedom to use their own way of saving battery.

What kind of sensitive private info could be possibly retrieved from battery stats..

BetterBatteryStats says something similar in their Play Store listing, "* BetterBatteryStats does currently not work with KitKat. Google has made some changes breaking the access to the stats BBS (and other tools) are using. We are working hard on finding a solution but the fix isn't trivial. Please be patient. *"

Frankly, if the only solution is to be rooted, I think I will most likely pass.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I believe this may be related top the fact that they changed how the battery statistics are calculated, supposedly to make results more accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non