Is storage being reported differently in 5.1

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I just updated my Nexus 6 to 5.1 build lmy47e using Nexus Root toolkit. I am getting it all set up and then I go into storage and find the my 64GB N6 total space is 23.03GB, I do not see space remaining like I used to see in 5.0.1, is it just me?

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I also just noticed that when I connect to my PC as a usb device when I go to my computer and open the Nexus 6 drive it shows 12.6 GB free of 23.0 GB.

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my Nexus 6 to 5.1 build lmy47e using Nexus Root toolkit. I am getting it all set up and then I go into storage and find the my 64GB N6 total space is 23.03GB, I do not see space remaining like I used to see in 5.0.1, is it just me?

Hmmmm ... Interesting. Who is yourcarrier? I sideloaded my build to LMY47D and it works great with all my available 64GB on Verizon. I read on a blog that LMY47I was for Verizon ... Verizon only sells the 32GB N6. Not sure if that is the root cause but something to check out. You can always go back to LMY47D build.

Sent from Nexus 64GB Beast

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I loaded the "E" factory images because I read that those were the ones that came loaded on the Verizon N6. I was thinking the same thing ( the 32GB Verizon version thing ) but I read numerous places that there technically is no build specific to a carry that the different builds come with different radios and minor bug fixes and that these radios may work better for one carrier over another hence I chose the " E " build. I was going to load the "I" build but read it was for Australia. Everything works great, got VOLTE working and it seems to have straightened out a couple of issues I was having with bluetooth. I wonder if it will be an issue? I hear that 5.1.1 is coming maybe I will wait for that OTA

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
What do you mean flashed user? I am new to all of this and used the Nexus Root Toolkit and Flash Stock and unroot selected Shamu Android 5.1.0 Build LMY47E. This supposedly grabbed the 5.1.0 build e factory images and installed them. What would I do differently next time? Thank you in advance.

Debian Dog

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Interesting mine shows total space is 54.65GB. That can't be right?

Posted via the Android Central App
Sounds about right there are a lot of things mounted you do not have easy access to
96c8d37e1a52ac32525bb148029da468.jpg

What do you mean flashed user? I am new to all of this and used the Nexus Root Toolkit and Flash Stock and unroot selected Shamu Android 5.1.0 Build LMY47E. This supposedly grabbed the 5.1.0 build e factory images and installed them. What would I do differently next time? Thank you in advance.
In NRT > advanced options something like "retain user data" (not at my computer)

Sent from my Benzo'd Google N6 on VZ

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

It's a bug where only half of the total storage is used by the OS - I had it on my N5 too.

Enter recovery mode (if you are unaware how to do this, there are numerous guides online) and select the 'Wipe Cache Partition' option. Reboot and it should be solved. Note: it won't remove your data. If that doesn't solve it, you need to reset your data (from the reset menu in Android).

Posted via the Android Central App

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, tried wiping cache data, but, did not work. I guess I will be doing a full factory reset, not looking forward to setting my phone up again, but, I got no choice. Thanks for the advice.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, tried wiping cache data, but, did not work. I guess I will be doing a full factory reset, not looking forward to setting my phone up again, but, I got no choice. Thanks for the advice.

Don't forget that when you set up your phone, there is an option to reinstall all your apps. It also syncs your home screen layout (on the google now launcher although most custom launchers have a backup and restore option). The app helium can back up your data too, even without root access.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam_274