Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Default Re: Portenzo Case

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I'm wondering how the smart cover function works on this with the Nexus 7. If I have the lock screen set to Face Unlock, will the case open up directly to the Face Unlock screen, thereby allowing me to just look at the device to unlock it before using it?
    I don't use the face unlock, but I'm going to guess "Yes"

I have mine set to require a password in order to unlock, and with Auto-Wake it goes straight to the prompt asking for the password. Basically, the Auto-Wake behaves just like you had pressed the "wake/sleep" button on the Nexus 7.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

Ordered the Hardback a week ago and still waiting for it.

I prefer a slim profile and the Hardback was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by redzapper View Post
    Ordered the Hardback a week ago and still waiting for it.
    It will take 7 - 10 business days just for production. The case ships from St. Louis, so I guess it also depends on shipping speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I'm wondering how the smart cover function works on this with the Nexus 7. If I have the lock screen set to Face Unlock, will the case open up directly to the Face Unlock screen, thereby allowing me to just look at the device to unlock it before using it?
    You've probably got it all sorted out by now, but just in case ...

Yes. When you open your case it wakes to the face unlock screen.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Got my shipping notification yesterday and my case will finally be here tomorrow!

Global Posts
    11,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Got an email from Portenzo about a 15% off sale for Black Friday. The coupon code is BF15.

Sent from my SGSIII

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Got an email from Portenzo about a 15% off sale for Black Friday. The coupon code is BF15.

Sent from my SGSIII
    Got the same email. Thinking of getting the Iphone 5 book case. The only :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Just now got my composition style porte za case with purple interior and in tell I stand.

I was pleasantly surprised that it had the auto wake and sleep magnets built in. Didn't know that it came with it without special ordering it.

Best quality case I have ever owned and best looking.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Got my alano today! Ordered on the 9th, they said 7-10 days for production then a couple more for shipping, I got it in 8 business days! I went with the " Indiana journal" and it looks incredible. Intellistand will take a little breaking in, but other than that I couldn't be happier.

Nexus 7

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryano89 View Post
    Got my alano today! Ordered on the 9th, they said 7-10 days for production then a couple more for shipping, I got it in 8 business days! I went with the " Indiana journal" and it looks incredible. Intellistand will take a little breaking in, but other than that I couldn't be happier.

Nexus 7
    Some pics

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Portenzo Case-uploadfromtaptalk1353630296740.jpg   Portenzo Case-uploadfromtaptalk1353630315043.jpg   Portenzo Case-uploadfromtaptalk1353630335451.jpg   Portenzo Case-uploadfromtaptalk1353630348662.jpg   Portenzo Case-uploadfromtaptalk1353630357639.jpg  

Portenzo Case-uploadfromtaptalk1353630381636.jpg   Portenzo Case-uploadfromtaptalk1353630396449.jpg  
    svfd757 and Curtis A like this.

Mine just got here yesterday. The quality is great, it's exactly what I was hoping for. I should have never wasted my time with Treegloo and just gone right Portenzo.

Ryano89 likes this.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Iphone and Nexus 7, I feel more like the iphone but cuang order to experience how the use of Nexus 7?

I ordered one yesterday will take some time shipping to Europe, I can hardly wait ..

I chose black with a deep purple inside and intellistand, anyone who has the same combination?

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts

Just received my Portenzo Hardback - Outside Color: Marigold Buckram, Inside Color: Black, Elastic Color: Black.

Initial thoughts:
    - Very nicely made and it is a very tailored fit. The Hardback is every so slightly larger than Nexus 7. Looks like if dropped, the cover will be able to take the brunt of the impact.
    - The case seems to be made of very stiff and sturdy material. It feels very solid. It could probably take a lot of weight/pressure and still adequately protect the Nexus.
    - And speaking of weight, the case is a heavier than I expected. All that sturdy material comes with a price paid in additional heft.

All in all, I am quite happy with it. The Hardback makes it look and feel like you're holding a book and for me, that's perfect as I'll be holding it and reading on it on my daily subway commute.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Just an update, my Portenzo Alano is beautiful, but be advised, I have taken a serious hit on my wifi connection with it. Running speedtest indicates a serious drop off in my upload, download, and ping speeds when the tablet is in the case. This is very disappointing, anyone got any suggestions on way to fix this without ditching my case?

I also have an alano case. I don't have any issues running netflix.... But I'm checking now... Reporting back soon.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    I also have an alano case. I don't have any issues running netflix.... But I'm checking now... Reporting back soon.

Netflix wasn't a problem for me either. I ran the test to try and diagnose the constant buffering in YouTube. I hope my results are an anomaly.

I didn't get any difference running speed test the Nexus 7 naked Orin the portenzo case.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    I didn't get any difference running speed test the Nexus 7 naked Orin the portenzo case.

Thanks I'll try again.

Update : Now it seems Ok. Strange I ran the test several times.

question, can any of you tell me where the magnets are located for the magnetic enclosure? NOT the one that turns the nexus on or off. but where on the wooden frame they are located...

i am trying to make one, and i figure they have to be drilled in from the other side, the side that's glued down, cuz i don't have one in front of me.

i have a portenzo, but i didnt' spring for the magnets.

just curious if you guys know...

how many magnets are there, too? 2? 4?

thanks!

I finally bit the bullet and ordered myself a BookCase yesterday. I can't wait to receive it.

Ultravisitor, you'll be waiting awhile. I ordered January 10 and still haven't gotten my shipping notification yet. I'm going crazy because I can't wait to get it. I don't feel safe taking it out somewhere until I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by marcsledjeski View Post
    Ultravisitor, you'll be waiting awhile. I ordered January 10 and still haven't gotten my shipping notification yet. I'm going crazy because I can't wait to get it. I don't feel safe taking it out somewhere until I get it.
    They say 7 to 10 production days. I would ask for an update next week.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Got mine in 9 business days, and the Alano usually takes longer. I would check with them on Monday.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Bump, hey, do you guys know where the magnets are located that keep the case shut?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast