[ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
So far, this ROM is perfect! The only bugs that I have experienced so far are that Youtube in HQ stutters and this is probably the most interesting bug I've come across ever: the mic seems to be active at all times and if you put your palm near or on it, it will make a beeping noise. I can actually make different tones of beeps depending on the position of my hand :) maybe I can make some music with it? haha

Are you able to send sms and mms messages? I read in XDA that people were having issues with this.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Any of the random reboots (EHxx), or poor gps (EGxx) issues we've been dealing with on the GB builds?

Stability is key here. I couldn't care less about 4g working (I spend most of my time in 2.5g [1X] anyways, and only when I go to "town" do I switch over to 1XEV). Not like Sprint is increasing the wimax footprint, and there is nothing really (aside from a 1/4 sq/mi patch on the turnpike near me) within 100mi of here.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Any of the random reboots (EHxx), or poor gps (EGxx) issues we've been dealing with on the GB builds?

Stability is key here. I couldn't care less about 4g working (I spend most of my time in 2.5g [1X] anyways, and only when I go to "town" do I switch over to 1XEV). Not like Sprint is increasing the wimax footprint, and there is nothing really (aside from a 1/4 sq/mi patch on the turnpike near me) within 100mi of here.

I have not "seen" one (1) reboot. Much more stable than EH17.

I'm hoping this rom gets a lot of love, it's good in my opinion and will only get better.

Sent from my Epic Android using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Its simple everyone, CM 7 is based on the AOSP experience... You get rid of TW (TouchWiz) and its a whole different world when it doesn't have that garbage running on top of things to slow it down and cause issues...

Lot less space used, less code, less junk for the device to work through to function = Better overall experience...

It looks like they are on the right track, kind of makes me miss my Epic just a bit :'( to check this version out. Might have to steal the wife's Epic for a few hours (LOL)

Enjoy.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Its simple everyone, CM 7 is based on the AOSP experience... You get rid of TW (TouchWiz) and its a whole different world when it doesn't have that garbage running on top of things to slow it down and cause issues...

Lot less space used, less code, less junk for the device to work through to function = Better overall experience...

It looks like they are on the right track, kind of makes me miss my Epic just a bit :'( to check this version out. Might have to steal the wife's Epic for a few hours (LOL)

Enjoy.

I was thinking the same thing...borrow my sons phone lol
Need to look into the lastest and greatest from Bonsai also...did I read right that there is a 5.0 out?? lol
Oh and nice Avatar Paul!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing...borrow my sons phone lol
Need to look into the lastest and greatest from Bonsai also...did I read right that there is a 5.0 out?? lol
Oh and nice Avatar Paul!

I hear ya buddy... I might need to swipe the wife's phone for a few hours this weekend...

Thanks on the avatar... Cyberwarrior here at Android Central... He's the man...

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site

Enjoy.

Yeah I couldn't believe how much more app install space I had. I'm surprised media hub is still in there but it could be because I did the gapps.zip restore on top of the rom.

The only 2 things I miss from the Touchwiz side is the camera app for the epic is better (more features) and the built in task manager when holding the home button.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

There isn't a single reboot that I've experienced yet and the GPS is accurate up to 5 meters and locks on fairly quickly.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I couldn't believe how much more app install space I had. I'm surprised media hub is still in there but it could be because I did the gapps.zip restore on top of the rom.

The only 2 things I miss from the Touchwiz side is the camera app for the epic is better (more features) and the built in task manager when holding the home button.

Yep that is one thing that blows is the AOSP camera app... Most people default to using various free apps on the Market. What they are exactly you will have to look around, I'm not sure....

kevincwelch

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Have been using the 10/11 and the 10/15 release.

Actually, my SMS worked just fine without having to use a 3rd party application. There was no sound when the phone rang, however. The 10/15 update seems to fix the phone ringer, but now the wifi isn't working. Have gone from EG22 to EH17, and this didn't help. Someone on XDA said they went back to EC05, and this didn't help with connecting to wifi, so it would seem that wifi isn't working properly on this release of CM7.

Was excited, though. It was a slick ROM. Might have to go back to Simply AOSP for a while.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay, installed last night and here are my thoughts:

Benchmarking 1900 range (Quadrant). sweet

Now, the issues:

First and foremost, phone loses wifi randomly - I can get it back but its a bother.

Rotation Lag is really bad - is there a fix for RFS?

Miss the ability to close applications running in the background
Waiting for a battery mod with percentage indicator and symbol at the same time.

Dumped:

Torch/News and Weather: both crashed when I opened them for the first time
Calc - real calc is much better
Browser - Dolphin HD is my friend
Latin support apps
Live wallpapers

No kernel to support Voodoo Sound? I might be able to get it from Voodoo directly. DSP is a nice app with lots of features but doesn't have the clean boost that Voodoo has.

All in all, its wonderful, feels really solid and so fast. I can't wait for future versions (WIMAX support please) and don't think I will be using anything else. Great work Dec!!

Last edited:

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Can the current Epic Camera app work with this at all? (or be modified to work)? Or is it really dependent on code with the Samsung builds only??

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay, installed last night and here are my thoughts:

Benchmarking 1900 range (Quadrant). sweet

Now, the issues:

First and foremost, phone loses wifi randomly - I can get it back but its a bother.

Rotation Lag is really bad - is there a fix for RFS?
They will get this resolved, give them time. Check the launcher settings for any settings that may speed it up. You can always try Spare Parts and set animations/transitions to FAST and see if that helps.
Miss the ability to close applications running in the background
Waiting for a battery mod with percentage indicator and symbol at the same time.
Check the settings, usually CM has an option in the Settings called Cyanogen Mod or something and it has options to change the battery display. Otherwise it will just be a matter of modifying the framework-res.apk (Hint hint...)
Dumped:

Torch/News and Weather: both crashed when I opened them for the first time
Calc - real calc is much better
Browser - Dolphin HD is my friend
Latin support apps
Live wallpapers

No kernel to support Voodoo Sound? I might be able to get it from Voodoo directly. DSP is a nice app with lots of features but doesn't have the clean boost that Voodoo has.
Again this will be addressed, will probably have to be done via the kernel.
All in all, its wonderful, feels really solid and so fast. I can't wait for future versions (WIMAX support please) and don't think I will be using anything else. Great work Dec!!

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Paul,

RE: Voodoo- the website was vague about supporting the GS, now hot and heavy with the Touch. There is an update but not sure it will work on the GS. He is definitely making some interesting products. Want to try out his rotation lag fix but will wait till someone else does it first. :)

RE: closing background apps - is there a stand alone ROM for that? I flashed the gapps bundle but it wasn't in there, I assume because it probably was Sammys.

And one more thing: when I go to settings/running services: which shows me whats running in RAM (but you can only shut them off individually) it tells me I have 105MB used and 212MB free. Where's the rest?

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Did you find the option in settings to change your battery mod display? I downloaded the ROM and it appears to have all the normal CM mods in there from what I can see without actually flashing it....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fox2024