[ROM] Epic CM7 SELFKANG (10/11) - 2.3.7

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
After installing CM7, I tried to use Clockwork recovery to install the google apps. It froze about 15% through unpacking (screen shows a box with an arrow coming out, with an android standing next to it). Now anytime I try to do anything in clockwork recovery it returns to this screen at 15%. Tried reflashing recovery, installing other roms, selecting reboot to recovery, but always goes back to the same screen. Any suggestions what to do next? :-\

Hey, don't use this Cyanogenmod ROM anymore, use the 7.2.0 RC ROM that is on the front page of this forum.

fviewer

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok, thanks Mr. Polar Bear, didn't see that one. I'm still stuck on this problem so I can't make the switch though...I guess I'll move it to the other thread.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok, thanks Mr. Polar Bear, didn't see that one. I'm still stuck on this problem so I can't make the switch though...I guess I'll move it to the other thread.

Is it possible that since there was an error with CWM, that it glitches back to the stock recovery. Nonetheless, you should use Odin to get back to stock (or another rooted ROM for your convenience) but keep in mind when you use Odin, it will wipe all of your data except for the data on your SD card. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...68-how-factory-restore-fix-bricked-phone.html

fviewer

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It still goes to clockwork, but it's stuck in the clockwork unpacking process as far as I can tell. No way to get back to the clockwork menu. So basically just a CM7 phone with no additional apps on it at the moment since I don't have market. But alright, I guess I'll take that route since I don't have anything to lose at the moment. Appreciate the late night assistance :)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
It still goes to clockwork, but it's stuck in the clockwork unpacking process as far as I can tell. No way to get back to the clockwork menu. So basically just a CM7 phone with no additional apps on it at the moment since I don't have market. But alright, I guess I'll take that route since I don't have anything to lose at the moment. Appreciate the late night assistance :)

No problem, always here to help :)

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
For those having issues with ROM manager you have to choose flash recovery, Epic 4g mtd, 3.x.x.x or three finger boot to recovery.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe