The Honor 8 is one of the best phones I've ever had

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
How do you define"heavy" use? How many hours SOT?

I'm on Twitter,Instagram,chrome and etc all day posting ,searching and the like. Constant texting and listening to music. GPS mixed in as well because sometimes I drive from place to place, Email checks as well. The most I've got so far has been 5 hours and 3 minutes SOT

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Never had a phone I've enjoyed using as much as my honor 8. Really hope it gets daydream certified when nougat gets general release.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to see so many of you are happy with your phone. I ordered one shortly before Christmas and I'll hopefully get around to firing it up once the holidays end (and my 4 year old feels better - she had a post Christmas stomach bug today). I'm really looking to save some money but still have a solid, top of the line phone. This looks like it could be the one.

I absolutely agree with you! This phone is the greatest bang for your buck. Hope your daughter feels better soon!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Twitter,Instagram,chrome and etc all day posting ,searching and the like. Constant texting and listening to music. GPS mixed in as well because sometimes I drive from place to place, Email checks as well. The most I've got so far has been 5 hours and 3 minutes SOT

I don't want to say that that is bad because it isn't ,but i ask because i have 12-13 hours SOT in a day. My Honor 8 gets around 6-8 hours SOT in a day. My other phone can get me through 12-13 hours SOT with a little battery life to spare.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't want to say that that is bad because it isn't ,but i ask because i have 12-13 hours SOT in a day. My Honor 8 gets around 6-8 hours SOT in a day. My other phone can get me through 12-13 hours SOT with a little battery life to spare.

Wow - which phone is getting you 12-13 hours SOT? If I had to guess, I'd go with the Moto Z Play.... 😀

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

What in the world? Do you mean actual screen on time or time between charges?

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I keep reading a lot of positiveness about this phone and would really like to experience it myself. I would like to compare it to my V10 and V20s.

I returned the V20 after a week. While it was a good phone, I didn't like the UI. There was a crap ton of lag for simple processes like closing all your apps. The honor 8 hasn't lagged once for me at all. The camera is surprisingly nice on this phone. I thought the 1080 screen would be an issue, I can't tell a difference between this screen and my HTC 10 with a UHD screen. Battery life is awesome, you have 3 different built in modes performance, smart, and ultra battery saver. You can tweak the display color temperature to match what you like.

For myself and many others the shinning star of this phone is EMUI. It is a hybrid UI of android with a touch of apple. It has a few quirks( which have been worked out in 5.0) it is the best user experience I have had with a phone. It's familiar yet completely different from any other android phone out there.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I returned the V20 after a week. While it was a good phone, I didn't like the UI. There was a crap ton of lag for simple processes like closing all your apps. The honor 8 hasn't lagged once for me at all. The camera is surprisingly nice on this phone. I thought the 1080 screen would be an issue, I can't tell a difference between this screen and my HTC 10 with a UHD screen. Battery life is awesome, you have 3 different built in modes performance, smart, and ultra battery saver. You can tweak the display color temperature to match what you like.

For myself and many others the shinning star of this phone is EMUI. It is a hybrid UI of android with a touch of apple. It has a few quirks( which have been worked out in 5.0) it is the best user experience I have had with a phone. It's familiar yet completely different from any other android phone out there.
I use Nova Prime on my Android phones. I can't see that changing no matter what phone I use so the EMUI interface will only cover those things that Nova does not. ...settings menus and so on and that's just not enough to make or break a phone experience for me. I may give the 8 a shot because it's fun for me to experience different hardware but I'm pretty satisfied with my LG hardware.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis