2 EXTREMELY annoying problems with my 3D

EEEMasta

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I am wondering if any of you could help me with either of these issues. They are both minor enough to not ruin my day, but major enough that over time they have ground my nerves pretty hard.
The first issue is that whenever my dad calls me, the phone app crashes when I try to pick up. Only him. This happens to no other person but my dad when he calls me. I have deleted his contact info except for facebook which would require a complete resync, and added everything back in, and it still crashes. I can call him and text him perfectly, but I can not receive calls from him. He also has an Evo 3D. Anyone have any ideas?
Also, I downloaded the SPD Shell 3D app to replace my sense homescreen, and its frikkin amazing. May not be worth the 15 bucks, but it sure is better than sense. Only problem is that my phone will not remember any defaults I set when it comes to homescreen. It keeps asking me when I press the home button whether I would like to use Shell 3D or Sense, and I always click the default box and then Shell 3D, but it never remembers it. I have tried clearing all defaults, I have downloaded Home Manager and tried setting the default with that, and also having it autokill Sense just in case, and nothing is working. I also tried downloading another launcher (go launcher ex or something) and trying to set defaults with that, and that also did not work. What is up with my phone??? Thanks guys

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the default launcher problem once, it wasn't obeying home launcher or the checkbox to make a launcher default that pops up when hitting home. But it fixed itself once I manually went into settings->applications->all, look for sense (or htc sense) in the list, clicked it, then did the clear defaults button in there,maybe I hit the clear data or cache button too.. anyhow, something to try..

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
SPD for me was giving me some issues with it remembering defaults, I was using ADW EX and when I started to try using SPD Shell 3D it gave me the issues. After a while I just choked it up to me being overdue for a hard reset.

EEEMasta

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Did a hard reset fix the problem? I already tried going into the apps and clearing all of sense's data and defaults, but that did nothing. I don't know what is going on. What about the phone crashing with my dad calls me? Its super weird that it happens with only one contact...Any ideas?

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I have the crashing problem when my brother calls but not with anyone else. It was happening quite often but recently seems to have settled and I can answer his calls again.

Try changing his ring tone. Maybe there is something up with that? No idea.

Lilin28

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem with home launcher default not staying set. I've tried everything besides the factory reset( trying to avoid, it's such a PITA getting everything set back up). It started after the update last month

Gracing your presence on my Evo 3D.

Lilin28

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Eh, I got so fed up that I just reset mine.last night. All is well now after a couple hours of getting everything set back up.

Gracing your presence on my Evo 3D.