Messages re-routing to Verizon message app?

Preformer19

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

This is annoying.

I get a message. I pull down on the bar at the top of the screen and click the message. I get re-routed to Verizon messages and decide to decline their application. Would I like to choose a different SMS app? Yes, yes I would. I then choose the stock messages app.

How do I avoid getting re-routed to the Verizon SMS app and go directly to the stock messages app when selecting a message from the pull down bar?

Thanks

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I would go to settings, app manager, all, Verizon messages, then disable. I would think that should do the trick..

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Never thought I would say this about a Verizon app...... but I love Verizon's Messages app. I use it on the M8, my iPad, Macbook and Chromebook. I can SMS anyone on any device.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Never thought I would say this about a Verizon app...... but I love Verizon's Messages app. I use it on the M8, my iPad, Macbook and Chromebook. I can SMS anyone on any device.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

I know! I've had Verizon for a long time and this is the first phone I've had it on and I kinda like it now.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I would go to settings, app manager, all, Verizon messages, then disable. I would think that should do the trick..

That did it for me. Man, that was so annoying. I mean, if I hit decline, that means I don't want to use your app. At all.

MikeDevenney

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
That did it for me. Man, that was so annoying. I mean, if I hit decline, that means I don't want to use your app. At all.

Right? They're banking on the 90% of phone users who aren't technical enough to have an account somewhere cool like AndroidCentral to go and find good info on how to turn off their malware...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer