New Update coming today to Europe, Africa & Middle East

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Update time: HTC One M9 scores improved camera performance, better battery life in some regions

Changes log:
Camera
- Greater auto-exposure balance to improve overexposure, so images look less washed out
- Reduction of noise and blur in low light, so images are clearer and detail is more apparent
- Reduction of yellow/green hue to photos taken in extreme lighting conditions, so colors appear truer to their actual hue

Battery Life
- Reduced power consumption by YouTube and Facebook, so you can stay on these sites longer or know that your battery will last longer if your site use doesn’t change

Heat Management
- Smart charging thermal improvement, which means your phone will stay cooler when it’s being charged

This update has been discussed extensively at the XDA Forums and with it the camera gets on par with the S6 and the iPhone. Battery life is also significantly improved.
US users will have to wait a couple weeks longer for the update to roll out.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the link - I was going to swap my S6 for an M9 as I prefer the build quality of HTC, but the camera is a big selling point for me. I would be interested to see how you personally feel the camera is after the update. How do you feel the camera is the now, before the update? have you noticed any situation where getting a photo is impossible?

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Low light situations..It's difficult to get good results fast. If you have time to take a pic, then you might succeed, but if you want a snapshot, you won't..Apart from that the camera is ok. I hate the video though.
I hope the new update solves most issues.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So for someone like me who uses his camera a lot and has a new baby on the way in a couple of months should just stick to his S6? it's frustrating that HTC can produce a brilliant device, but fail on one of the main features.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Before the update I would say stay with the S6 or get a G4 or an iPhone. Now, I don't know.
If the camera is important to you and you don't want to mess with manual settings for very good low light pictures, stay with the S6.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
So for someone like me who uses his camera a lot and has a new baby on the way in a couple of months should just stick to his S6? it's frustrating that HTC can produce a brilliant device, but fail on one of the main features.

If you take a lot of videos this M9 update doesn't address the fact that it doesn't have OIS and they haven't optimized the EIS the way Apple has to make the video have better stabilization. Daylight pictures will be on par with the S6. Low light has improved in the M9 but may still not be on par with the S6 because of the lack of OIS again. Overall, this is looking like a very good update though. The battery life improvements alone will lengthen that lead it had on the S6.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I just got a confirmation from the official German HTC account that the update will begin rolling out today in Germany..

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
To all of those lucky enough to have already gotten the update: Please change sharpness to -1 for even better results with the camera.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
To all of those lucky enough to have already gotten the update: Please change sharpness to -1 for even better results with the camera.

Is there any other setting adjustments for ISO, EV, Contrast, Saturation, etc? or can those go back to Auto/Default "0" value? It will be good to know for whenever they decide to push this to the US...

Stephen Murt

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Can't post a piccy, but after the update pictures are clearer and low light pictures are MUCH better! Seems to focus better as well. All in all very pleased with the camera now ( I did the -1setting on sharpness as suggested above , thanks!).

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Anyone here having charging issues after the update. I am hearing reports of poor charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't know what to say anymore. I returned my M9 and I am really sad about it. I just cannot rely on it anymore. Charging is really important and it has to work ALWAYS and FAST.
I am now back to my iPhone 6 and something is missing. I miss my M9 already but also know that I cannot go back as long as these issues persist. I will continue following these forums, hoping that there will be a new update soon. Then I will consider buying the device again..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non