My HTC One X(AT&T) 3 months later

dtvizer101

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I originally started with the HTC vivid via all the recommendations I got from co workers

Mothers day came and I tried dumping it on my mom cause I hated it (yea I'm a bad son). But after that I picked up the one x nd fell in love with it

A week later mom wanted the gs2

I love my phone but being mom an old lady I have to help her out daily

I HATE IT

I find the power button annoyingly placed
Touch wiz doesn't have that oozing sexiness nd ease that HTC has mastered

Iv got over a hundred apps nd basically replaced my computer with this phone
Never had a problem at all with it

Moms gs2 not so much software bug nd overheating battery do just took it to the dsc center they gage her a refurbished phone that has chips nd scratches wen hers had none as it was ghostarmored nd in an otterbox

But pretty much she has her eye on the gs3 and note now cause we revisited the store

The point being if u get a Samsung phone they come out with 3-5 new models within 3 months making urs feel obsolete

HTC on the other hand seems to only be building on wat they have

There are only rumors out there about the one x +
And although its likely the tech upgrades aren't that much of a gamechanger

My family is now devoted loyally to android and although we love Samsung TVs and appliances

Being the outliers it seems we can not stand Samsung phones HTC is the way to go

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

edditnyc

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
One X wins. The internal 16GB SD card is sufficient for all the apps and music I have stored locally and any other media can be accessed via cloud. Getting all my music on Google Play was key. Take note former iPhone users, Play is iTunes on wireless beast mode. I wouldn't mind a 32GB upgrade but I'm also ok paying $199 at the time. The price drop to $99 makes it an absolute steal.

The HOX screen is the best I've seen on any phone. I can imagine the HOX next to the new iPhone's retina screen and be indistinguishable side by side. S3 doesn't compare so let's stop the crazy talk. It's display is just *good enough*. The resolution on the HOX is noticeably superior. Display, camera and a decent experience with Sense sold me.

I also wanted the pure stock experience and CleanROM 4.5 really rocks. It's already a buttery dream with the horsepower the One X has under the hood. Jelly Bean is going to blow all of us away but especially One X owners.

G_The_One

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
This is a very interesting thread, especially for someone like me who is seriously considering getting the HOX as an upgrade from my HTC Desire which I have had for 2 years now.

I can't help but notice how this thread, which is about user experiences of HOX owners has turned into an HOX vs SG SIII thread. Pretty much the way all other threads on the HOX seem to eventually go.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am so happy with my one x. I have no regrets in chosing it over the gs3. Both are great phones and eithet one will serve it's owner well. we should not argue over which is better, but just enjoy the ond we chose for ourself. Afterall, they are both android phones.

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It's not a popularity contest. The One X isn't selling as well as HTC thought it would. That's why their financial performance is still in a free-fall. The GS3 is a better phone, period. It hits all the checklists and doesn't make any compromises. It goes above and beyond what HTC could deliver and it did it as the same on-contract price as the One X. There's a reason why they rushed the device out as early as they did - and even then GS2s and Skyrockets on AT&T were still selling like hotcakes, cause AT&T/Samsung dropped the price on them to $99/$149 and then had that $0 promotion on the GS2/Exynos and later dropped the SR to $99 on contract.

The only way to sell the One X decently is to drop it down to a tier where it is competing with devices like the GS2/GS2 Skyrocket, Sony XPeria Ion, Atrix HD, and iPhone 4 8GB. When you put it in that tier, yes it looks like a beast.

Compared to the GS3 - it looks almost mid-range.

It doesn't help that HTC hyped up their ImageSense chip yet Samsung was able to almost replicate its performance in the absense of said ImageSense chip. The camera and camera software were the most important marketing advantages of this phone, and Samsung has pretty much caught up to HTC there.

They have nothing else to really market against the GS3. Slightly better screen? They can try that, but I wouldn't think they were serious. Apart from that, there is nothing except the external build which doesn't matter to the hoards of people who leave the AT&T store with a 50% off Otterbox case when they purchase the phone, anyways...

The average consumer doesn't flash ROMs, care about locked or unlocked bootloaders, doesn't know what rooting is/means, and is too busy/pre-occupied to spend even a small portion of their day reading techie forums like XDA or (to a lesser extent) Android Central. They just want to pick up their phone and use it, and they want it to work the way they expect it to work.

Ha. This post is kind of funny to me. I own an S3, and my sister has the Evo 4G LTE. I can't believe you could say that the One X is mid-range compared to the S3. The specs are identical except that the S3 has 2GB of RAM. Seriously, the extra RAM was the main factor in my purchase of the S3, and I wasn't sure if it would even matter that much. The extra dev support I saw going towards the S3 also influenced my decision, but as far as the phone itself, I have no idea how you can say the S3 is so vastly superior. Other than the RAM, the One X wins. It has a way better design and a better (marginally, anyway) screen, and arguably better build quality. Please stop acting like your S3 is the only phone that matters.

thatmetaldude

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I have had 6 phones in the last year. Inspire,skyrocket, vivid, rezound, galaxy nexus, and the one x and i let my girl get my early upgrade and she got the s3. My favorite was the nexus but when the one x came out i jumped rite on it. I compare my one x to her s3 all the time cause i always wanna have the better phone. What pisses me off about the one x is that it is always reloading on me, the lack of an sd, and sense is ok but s thing up. But the one x i think has the best display out there, i dont know of any phone out there were you can still see the display with direct sunlight. If anyone has insight on this pleas get back to me.

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I have loved my hox for the past two months. I compared it to the SGS3 multiple times and for me, the hox always came out on top for what *I* wanted in a phone, no matter how much I thought wanted the SGS3. The only issue I had was reloading apps because it chewed through data so quickly.... but after the recent update I can finally say multitasking is much improved due to more available ram and I haven't noticed it reloading - hardly ever. I use wifi daily and never had any issues before or after the update. Signal reception is strong and gps locks on quickly. And like others have mentioned, the BIG BEAUTIFUL SCREEN. Wow is it amazing. I couldn't stand the bluish tint to my sgs2 and the SGS3 has the same issue. The camera is also pretty amazing and has surprised me more than once with its abilities. Storage is not and will never be an issue for me with the included memory, Google Music, amazon mp3, and multiple streaming options like pandora or spotify. This phone runs smooth and strong and after the SGS3 came out, I'm still just in love with my hox. I wouldn't trade them but that's my personal preference and I've owned both HTC and Samsung android devices. It all just depends on user preference because you can't go wrong with either device!

Pdj79

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I want to voice my appreciation for this thread. I am a current iPhone 4 user (please don't hurt me) and have only owned iPhones since the OG 1st gen back in 2007. I have been watching Android quietly on the sidelines for years now, waiting for a time when I felt the OS could deliver the experience I wanted without the feel of being in a beta test. My contract with AT&T is now up and all 3 lines are due for upgrades, but my wife is still very much an iPhone fan and wants to get the next phone when it comes out. My biggest beef with the iPhone is the staleness of the UI, the lack of OFFICIAL customization (jailbreaking is fun and all, but still leaves me with a phone that is quirky and crashes way too much), and a form factor that is much too small for my fat, sausage-like fingers. With all the rumors of a LONGER phone, I am pretty much done with the iPhone. I need a WIDER screen for a WIDER keyboard so that typing isn't a chore.

I have been eyeballing the HOX since the price drop (temporary or not) and have been very impressed with it during my hands on time. My friends recently got a GS3 and, while a lovely phone, I can't stand the cheap feel of Samsung phones. Yes, the lack of SD slot and only 1GB of RAM sucks, but here's my thing. I am rocking a 16GB iPhone 4. I am used to only having ~12GB to work with. I play the music shuffle game every couple weeks to refresh my available music. So I am used to this song and dance and the space isn't a deal-breaker for me (and Google Play looks like it'll alleviate the need for the shuffling altogether). As for the RAM...I am not a power user or a mobile gaming freak. I need access to email, FB, Twitter, and the Internet. From the little time I've had to play with the phone at the corporate AT&T store by my house, I see that it soars in this regard, even when there's like 15 apps running in the background from other customers touching it. The screen is breathtaking. Retina Display has ruined me, so to see something so vibrant that ISN'T an iPhone is just icing on the cake.

In the end, my mind is already made up, and even if the price goes back up by the time the next iPhone comes out, I am still jumping ship. This forum (and this post specifically) has solidified that decision.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I want to voice my appreciation for this thread. I am a current iPhone 4 user (please don't hurt me) and have only owned iPhones since the OG 1st gen back in 2007. I have been watching Android quietly on the sidelines for years now, waiting for a time when I felt the OS could deliver the experience I wanted without the feel of being in a beta test. My contract with AT&T is now up and all 3 lines are due for upgrades, but my wife is still very much an iPhone fan and wants to get the next phone when it comes out. My biggest beef with the iPhone is the staleness of the UI, the lack of OFFICIAL customization (jailbreaking is fun and all, but still leaves me with a phone that is quirky and crashes way too much), and a form factor that is much too small for my fat, sausage-like fingers. With all the rumors of a LONGER phone, I am pretty much done with the iPhone. I need a WIDER screen for a WIDER keyboard so that typing isn't a chore.

I have been eyeballing the HOX since the price drop (temporary or not) and have been very impressed with it during my hands on time. My friends recently got a GS3 and, while a lovely phone, I can't stand the cheap feel of Samsung phones. Yes, the lack of SD slot and only 1GB of RAM sucks, but here's my thing. I am rocking a 16GB iPhone 4. I am used to only having ~12GB to work with. I play the music shuffle game every couple weeks to refresh my available music. So I am used to this song and dance and the space isn't a deal-breaker for me (and Google Play looks like it'll alleviate the need for the shuffling altogether). As for the RAM...I am not a power user or a mobile gaming freak. I need access to email, FB, Twitter, and the Internet. From the little time I've had to play with the phone at the corporate AT&T store by my house, I see that it soars in this regard, even when there's like 15 apps running in the background from other customers touching it. The screen is breathtaking. Retina Display has ruined me, so to see something so vibrant that ISN'T an iPhone is just icing on the cake.

In the end, my mind is already made up, and even if the price goes back up by the time the next iPhone comes out, I am still jumping ship. This forum (and this post specifically) has solidified that decision.

Good for you. As to the Ram, it's an unnecessary spec. Nothing out now actually utilizes it. Running my One X with CM9 and no matter how many tasks I run, even games, I've never had less than 400 MB free. Samsung just threw in the extra 1 gig to make people go "oh, it has 2 gigs, I need that" even though it doesn't actually do anything useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
This has been a helpful thread for me as well. I couldn't resist picking the phone up at costco for 109 - 25 costco cash card (I'll use on gas). I was really debating on waiting until the iphone 5 came out so that I could see if there was something more that HTC or Samsung would do, but then I decided that it didn't matter.

This is my first android phone and I'm making the switch from the wp7 samsung focus. I must say, after only experiencing kindle fire, this phone rocks! Every time I look at the screen I smile. It is so nice I cannot help myself. Oh, and having all the key apps is great

I'm keeping my focus as a backup. It served me well for almost 2 years. Now it's time for me to read some tips and tricks threads, because this phone is a different animal than wp7.

ToxicWaste

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Holy old thread Batman!!!

The reception from Att is great for me (just outside of Milwaukee) and we just LTE all around the area. Signal is usually great though.

The phone app for me is a big step up compared to all the iPhones I had before I became an Android owner. I think the interface for the phone is pretty busy but it works well and the sound coming through the speaker and ear hole is great. I personally have zero complaints with call quality.

The entire phone is awesome to be honest.

ldgregory

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T just flipped the LTE switch this morning in Albuquerque. Holy crap Batman!!!! My HOX+ has got blazing fast data speeds now!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354300202702.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354300202702.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 41

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
AT&T just flipped the LTE switch this morning in Albuquerque. Holy crap Batman!!!! My HOX+ has got blazing fast data speeds now!

I see theres the black menu bar at the button,in the HTC one x+ can you not switch the R.A button to be the menu button.? Or have you not come around to it.?

My one x is better then your one x!!
/
D:
\

ldgregory

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I see theres the black menu bar at the button,in the HTC one x+ can you not switch the R.A button to be the menu button.? Or have you not come around to it.?

Guess I haven't tried to figure out how yet.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Guess I haven't tried to figure out how yet.

Cheak under the display settings,it'll look a little something like this. Tap the "buttons" option in the display settings,then you'll see that 3 option menu. I don't know if the one x+ has it or not but hey,worth a shot to cheak. :)

/
D:
\

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354316854378.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354316854378.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 32
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354316863033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354316863033.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 33
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354316871436.jpg