Developer Edition Radios?

kommish

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 on Tmo, in my area I get great HSPA+42 service, will the Developer Edition HTC One get the same speeds with +42 and down the road Tmo LTE?

and if not how about this new GOOGLE Edition from the play store on Tmo?

or am I better off just getting the Tmo version

Thanks

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 on Tmo, in my area I get great HSPA+42 service, will the Developer Edition HTC One get the same speeds with +42 and down the road Tmo LTE?

Thanks

Only the Tmobile version has the 1700 band for HSPA+. That being said Tmobile is refarming the network to support the 1900 band. So it depends on if your area has been refarmed or not. Even if not, at some point it most likely will be. Here's a great chart from HTC showing the difference between "nexus" and developer editions. HTC One with Nexus User Experience — HTC Blog and if you read some of the threads here or do a google search there are some websites that will show if your area has been refarmed or not yet. But like I said, even if it hasn't that means you'll be living with slow speeds temporarily...not forever. Between the refarm and LTE rollout this will be a non-issue as time goes on.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Thanks

Unless you know for a fact you're in a refarmed area, or will be in a refarmed area imminently, do not buy anything except the specific t-mobile device. Otherwise, you'll be stuck on edge speeds.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Unless you know for a fact you're in a refarmed area, or will be in a refarmed area imminently, do not buy anything except the specific t-mobile device. Otherwise, you'll be stuck on edge speeds.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

That depends on the reasons for wanting a developer model to begin with. Whatever those reason are (64gb size maybe?) those have to be weighed against what is just a temporary situation if their area isn't refarmed yet. Only the OP can decide that. Profile says southern California so it depends on what part. LA has LTE popping up all over. Parts of OC have been refarmed, parts of San Diego are underway..so it just is a matter of time before this becomes a non-issue.